University of Lethbridge Pay & Benefits reviews

very good job, very early hours
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 February 2018
The best thing about this job is how predictable it is. It is busy and it goes by quickly. The pay is fair, and the benefits are great. The early hours really are difficult to function with thought.
Not the best, the work is okay, the management are sub par.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 November 2017
The work is what it is, caretaking is not hard but takes a detailed mind set to do it right. The job is highly repetitive but is not very hard with the odd exception. The management are very very very budget focused and do not care about their staff, they are working to eliminate virtually all full time staff. I do not recommend this branch of the U of L.
Pros
benefits, work is the work you do not have to take it home
Cons
Management team do not care about their staff.
Fine for students
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 August 2017
Working as a TA for a professor is a good idea in terms of things to put on a resume but don't expect to be paid particularly well. Overall a good experience for experience's sake, but not for the money.
Good pay check for work demand
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 May 2017
Work is easy but inconsistent, but pays well. Hours are fairly flexible, but can be challenging with the early morning and late nights, as well as the weekends and holidays.
Super great fun working in educational institution! Great Profs and students
Administrative Support III (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 April 2014
Fun and exciting, such wonderful people to work with. Enjoyed streamlining processes, interacting with everyone.
Pros
Education, wonderful staff
Cons
salary
Challenging, rewarding and a great group of colleagues to work with.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 February 2014
I have already described a typical day at work as the Manager of Building Maintenance.

I have learned that keeping our customers (Faculties / Departments) updated and informed on maintenance related activities is essential and allowing them not only an insight on what work is scheduled but allow their input and have them buy into the project from beginning to end.

The Facilities Department believes on empowering people to perform their work. Therefore I have the responsibility and authority to manage my department in my management style and capabilities. Very rewarding.

My colleagues are professionals and perform as such within their own field of expertise. They are fun loving, caring, understanding, believe in collaboration and just a great group of people.

Probably the most difficult part of my job is seeing a project completed as scheduled when dealing with general contractors and sub-trades as we are known to provide very short time lines on projects so as not to interfere with class schedules and inconveniences to faculty, staff, students and visitors at the University.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my staff highly motivated, perform the impossible, show pride in their work and proud of their accomplishments.
Pros
Goog Benefits, ability to manage with very little direction from my supervisor.
Cons
Dealing with the bureaucracy.