University of Lethbridge

University of Lethbridge Management reviews

Canada82 reviews
Great staff to work with, supportive management. Tons of training available upon starting and throughout your employment.
Good to see they went to 12 hour shift rotation
I have worked at the University of Lethbridge as a Research Assistant and as a Gymnastics Coach. I loved both positions and felt that management was great in both cases. You are paid fairly and equally with plenty of opportunity for advancement and an engaging work environment. I have had fantastic and interesting co-workers in both cases. It is a great place to work.
Pros
Engaging work environment
Management was open and accepting and very easy to talk to. They understand and work well with students' busy schedules and are flexible and understanding. A great environment overall and very professional and collaborative.
This University is wonderful and the staff are great to work with. Guidelines are explained well and the workload is not overwhelming. Everyone who works there is very helpful.
I did various things with the University and it was always a pleasant experience. Rules and guidelines are very clear and concise. The workload is manageable.
Staff are told to fend for themselves, that they are not allowed to know who else they will be working with, and when the staff go on their own to try and determine who is working when, management destroys their work. They pay horrible wages, at min wage. Support and some admin staff make up false allegations, and management refuse to listen. the internal exec of student affairs treats people horribly, and and refused to listen to his staff.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Missing, inept management.
Good exposure to Project Management
Collaborative team
Regular Hours

Supportive team members

Friendly staff

Professional environment

Nice offices

Good learning enviroment
Pros
Highly Collaborative team
Cons
Time there was too short
The work is what it is, caretaking is not hard but takes a detailed mind set to do it right. The job is highly repetitive but is not very hard with the odd exception. The management are very very very budget focused and do not care about their staff, they are working to eliminate virtually all full time staff. I do not recommend this branch of the U of L.
Pros
benefits, work is the work you do not have to take it home
Cons
Management team do not care about their staff.
High energy, I learned much about how the brain works. Positive environment. The hardest part was Rat Handling. The best part is the people. Management was great. Very consistent.
Pros
Consistent, positive, great hours
Cons
Getting bit by Rats, Only a one year contract
Management has succeeded in making this a fun and interesting place to work. Offices and equipment well maintained. Lots of employee perks: in house gym, pool, restaurants, post office etc.
Cons
Primarily funded by province. Levels can fluctuate greatly
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of Lethbridge?
this is a great place to work, the management are very supportive and helpful. The work is straight forward and fun. I find this a top notch place to work.
I have already described a typical day at work as the Manager of Building Maintenance.

I have learned that keeping our customers (Faculties / Departments) updated and informed on maintenance related activities is essential and allowing them not only an insight on what work is scheduled but allow their input and have them buy into the project from beginning to end.

The Facilities Department believes on empowering people to perform their work.
Therefore I have the responsibility and authority to manage my department in my management style and capabilities. Very rewarding.

My colleagues are professionals and perform as such within their own field of expertise. They are fun loving, caring, understanding, believe in collaboration and just a great group of people.

Probably the most difficult part of my job is seeing a project completed as scheduled when dealing with general contractors and sub-trades as we are known to provide very short time lines on projects so as not to interfere with class schedules and inconveniences to faculty, staff, students and visitors at the University.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my staff highly motivated, perform the impossible, show pride in their work and proud of their accomplishments.
Pros
Goog Benefits, ability to manage with very little direction from my supervisor.
Cons
Dealing with the bureaucracy.