University of Lethbridge Management reviews

Not the best, the work is okay, the management are sub par.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 November 2017
The work is what it is, caretaking is not hard but takes a detailed mind set to do it right. The job is highly repetitive but is not very hard with the odd exception. The management are very very very budget focused and do not care about their staff, they are working to eliminate virtually all full time staff. I do not recommend this branch of the U of L.
Pros
benefits, work is the work you do not have to take it home
Cons
Management team do not care about their staff.
animal attendant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 October 2017
High energy, I learned much about how the brain works. Positive environment. The hardest part was Rat Handling. The best part is the people. Management was great. Very consistent.
Pros
Consistent, positive, great hours
Cons
Getting bit by Rats, Only a one year contract
Director of Engineering & Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 November 2016
Management has succeeded in making this a fun and interesting place to work. Offices and equipment well maintained. Lots of employee perks: in house gym, pool, restaurants, post office etc.
Cons
Primarily funded by province. Levels can fluctuate greatly
great
Caretaker II (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 November 2015
this is a great place to work, the management are very supportive and helpful. The work is straight forward and fun. I find this a top notch place to work.
Challenging, rewarding and a great group of colleagues to work with.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 February 2014
I have already described a typical day at work as the Manager of Building Maintenance.

I have learned that keeping our customers (Faculties / Departments) updated and informed on maintenance related activities is essential and allowing them not only an insight on what work is scheduled but allow their input and have them buy into the project from beginning to end.

The Facilities Department believes on empowering people to perform their work. Therefore I have the responsibility and authority to manage my department in my management style and capabilities. Very rewarding.

My colleagues are professionals and perform as such within their own field of expertise. They are fun loving, caring, understanding, believe in collaboration and just a great group of people.

Probably the most difficult part of my job is seeing a project completed as scheduled when dealing with general contractors and sub-trades as we are known to provide very short time lines on projects so as not to interfere with class schedules and inconveniences to faculty, staff, students and visitors at the University.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my staff highly motivated, perform the impossible, show pride in their work and proud of their accomplishments.
Pros
Goog Benefits, ability to manage with very little direction from my supervisor.
Cons
Dealing with the bureaucracy.