University of Lethbridge Employee Reviews

Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 July 2018
Excellent staff that are very supportive and encouraging in your growth as an instructor. Lots of opportunities to try new things, bring in my own creativity, and the whole environment was very real, honest, and self-reflective. Being myself was what was required and this was not only said but alive in the culture itself.
It was not working for the University, but through a course.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 July 2018
Peers and myself were given the opportunity to work with an external client as part of a class project to recreate his website in a more modern fixture.
Wide range of education at all levels
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 July 2018
I worked in a Research Institution and was able to participate in the city community and internal University speaker venues. Constant changes happen at the administrative level at the U, keeps you on your toes.
Pros
A community of friends
nice
Graduate teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 June 2018
great place to work, provided all the required support to effectively do my job. i had amazing supervisors as well as colleagues who pushed me to do great
Great place to really learn!
Research Assistant - Physics (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 February 2018
Was able to apply my university education first-hand!
Really enjoyed getting to know the professors and loved the freedom I had in completing my tasks.
Pros
Learn learn learn!
Cons
Just a temporary job - wish it could have been permanent!
Applied Studies Student
Friendly staff
Professional environment
Nice offices
Good learning enviroment
Pros
Highly Collaborative team
Cons
Time there was too short
Wonderful Environment to Work In.
Pronghorns Promotions Leader (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 January 2018
I worked at the University of Lethbridge hockey and basketball games, facilitating in game promotions and running the uoflpronghorns instagram story throughout the games. It was fun, exciting and something that was perfect for my schedule, being a university student. My manager is always encouraging. She always gives criticism in a constructive manner. The most challenging part of the job was that there are so many things happening at the same time at the game, that you have to be on top of things to make everything happen as it should. I enjoy the environment at the games, as sporting events are so full of energy.
High standard of working environment
Software Developer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 January 2018
I worked at the Teaching centre. Great team to work with. Lots of opportunity to learn. Most of the people working there are doing it for a long time.
Outstanding alternative for International Research and Developments programs aimed to Sustainable Agriculture.
Adjunct Researcher on IPM and University Professor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 January 2018
The University of Lethbridge is an excellent place to study and to work. It is a fully multicultural environment to work, but at the same time, it is possible to have the perception that you are surrounded by a typical Canadian environment, given the values of respect and inclusion that can be found at the level of all the departments and section of the university.
Pros
Excellent Education and training programs
Cons
Relatively small facilities and a low capability to receive more foreign students per program
Productive and an excellent work experience each summer
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Housing Services Department29 December 2017
I gained a great deal of experience and skills while working the summers for the Housing Department. I enjoyed working with the team and would work for this department any time! The pay was good and the experience was positive every summer!

Want to know more about University of Lethbridge?

Ask a question
Great job, great experience required to move due to family commitment
First Aid Coordinator (FAC) /RN (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 November 2017
Working at the UofL was a wonderful growth experience and I would gladly work there again. The staff was trained well. Although there are some political overlaps of departments these are normally worked out easily.
Not the best, the work is okay, the management are sub par.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 November 2017
The work is what it is, caretaking is not hard but takes a detailed mind set to do it right. The job is highly repetitive but is not very hard with the odd exception. The management are very very very budget focused and do not care about their staff, they are working to eliminate virtually all full time staff. I do not recommend this branch of the U of L.
Pros
benefits, work is the work you do not have to take it home
Cons
Management team do not care about their staff.
It was a good university to attend
Student (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 November 2017
Overall decided it was not the route I wanted to take. All in all there are lots of ammendities there that I enjoyed such as the pool, the weight room and the gym.
animal attendant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 October 2017
High energy, I learned much about how the brain works. Positive environment. The hardest part was Rat Handling. The best part is the people. Management was great. Very consistent.
Pros
Consistent, positive, great hours
Cons
Getting bit by Rats, Only a one year contract
Lab Proctor
Computer Lab Proctor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 October 2017
Short term job for me, but loved working with the people, and helping the students get what they need. From new ID cards to fixing paperjams. I enjoyed this job.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Pay
Fine for students
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 August 2017
Working as a TA for a professor is a good idea in terms of things to put on a resume but don't expect to be paid particularly well. Overall a good experience for experience's sake, but not for the money.
Extremely delicate and cautious workplace
Student Proctor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB21 June 2017
Ensuring that students are able to take their exams online in a professional manner, using the designated software without flaws and in a conducive environment.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Exam periods are too stressful
Institutions can change; UofL did change
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB21 June 2017
Over my 27-year tenure at the University of Lethbridge I have witnessed a very positive development of the institution. Faculty members, administration, and support staff compliment each other and work collaboratively for the students and the community at large. I can honestly state that I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity of teaching and conducting research at this institution.
Pros
Great colleagues, good institutional support, excellent facilities
Cons
Everyone can have a "bad" day
Fun and enjoyable
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 June 2017
Great experience while being a student. Employers are really flexible with student schedules and work around school.
Coworkers are friendly and crate a positive environment for everyone.
Good pay check for work demand
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 May 2017
Work is easy but inconsistent, but pays well. Hours are fairly flexible, but can be challenging with the early morning and late nights, as well as the weekends and holidays.