University of Guelph, Hospitality Services Employee Reviews

Great for students and part-time workers (no experience required)
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 September 2017
Feeding the many hungry students at the University of Guelph requires a very high energy and highly efficient team, and as a team, employees work together to produce the best quality of food and customer service.

No food experience required!
Training is provided and employees are encouraged to ask questions and ask for assistance. Most employees are hired seasonally for the 8 month school year but there are also opportunities to work for catering in the summer months. Employees are super friendly and fun, and always a very multicultural team with people from all ages and backgrounds. Oh, and the perks of working in HS is you'll never go hungry!!
Pros
Food
Cons
Fast paced, high stress
Great people, great atmosphere.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 December 2017
It is great working with hospitality services.wonderful people and great teamwork. Just be aware of shift cut backs as it becomes less busy and you do get put off at Christmas and over the summer, which can be difficult on your paycheque
Pros
Meal included every shift
Cons
Time off for christmas and summer
Volunteer work
Cashier and Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 March 2017
this is a summer volunteer position. great work, good staff and organization. short time commitment. long hours spent outside but free food and love given
Pros
Staff
great place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 May 2017
I finished my first season at the U of G as a cashier and my experience was really positive. My co-workers were helpful and the management professional.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can interact with students and lots of people.
Very welcoming environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 March 2017
My shifts were very responsible and never interfered with my school life. I learned skills such as, counting change, computer skills and people skills. The staff and management are very friendly and I enjoy coming into work.
Pros
Free Meals
great environment
Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 March 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed going into work because of the great environment and the customers and staff were all very nice! Managers were very understanding if I needed to take a day or two off due to school. Hours were manageable with school during the week.
Pros
great staff, free food.