University of Calgary Employee Review

View all University of Calgary reviews

Productive and fun when engaging with other students
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2014
My volunteer work consisted of me being pro-active in promoting the Undergraduate Law and Society Association (ULSA) club during "Club Week" at U of C. I assisted in promoting to students from various programs (Business, Communication Studies, Law students, various first year students, etc.); by informally communicating information regarding the events that the club holds, and the organizations that sponsor the club. The people I worked with were fantastic and energetic; we are all very passionate about Law and Society, so I enjoyed volunteering. The hardest part of the job is being able to get students to pay for the sign-up fee, which is collected to place funds towards the events the club coordinates for those who do join. I learned how to campaign effectively, approach students in a orderly manner and I learned how to handle rejection as well as, skills to communicate effectively.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Having to volunteer overtime, into another volunteers shift, due to them running late

Other University of Calgary Employee Reviews

Annual Giving Campaign - Student
Student Leader, Caller and Researcher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2018
This was a fantastic position to hold as a student. I was able to control my hours and gain experience in different roles. It also taught me skills I could use after completing my degree.
Work culture is bit not in my personal taste. Very bureaucratic
Executive MBA IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2018
I was a part-time employee and my interaction was limited with the rest of the employees as I worked on weekends and I was alone working most of the weekends.
Pros
Free lunch for my role, not for all, stress free work culture
Cons
Not acceptable to changes and pretty hierarchical