University of British Columbia Employee Review

View all University of British Columbia reviews

Productive and excellent venue to expertise as a structural engineer
Research Assistant and Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2013
Excellent and knowledgable supervisor. During my work experience, I encountered different challenges that always motivated me to learn new skills and build a stronger background in my field of study. I am also having the pleasure of working with competitive and helpful colleagues. Thereby, it never was difficult to find the right motivation to be productive, and establish a more in-depth knowledge in structural analysis and design.
Pros
A lot of learning and productivity
Cons
Not application

Other University of British Columbia Employee Reviews

Good workplace but could of been managed better.
Teacher’s Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 May 2018
I taught vector graphics in a first year course.

I would start by arriving early to set up the lab, make sure the chairs where in the right spot and the the computers worked. I'd explain what that days lab work was and how to do it for the first ten to twenty minutes then assist students individually with their labs for the next forty minutes. I'd then set the room up and do it again for the next class.

On Wednesdays we (myself and the other TA) would meet with the professor to determine how the class is progressing and decide what the next lab session should comprise of.
Pros
I could grade assignments when desired aslong as they were completed befor the next lab.
Cons
Plans and criteria for labs would be changed without being informed.
Interactive and learning
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 May 2018
The professors at UBC are really nice and help students in the way they required. The mentors personally deal with students and keep an eye on the project timeline.