University of British Columbia logo
University of British Columbia

University of British Columbia Culture reviews

Clear
Work-life balance

Productive, competitive and joyful work

Excellent place to work. Beautiful weather and stunning location. A happy and balanced life. Supportive staff, readily available for support. Well organized and inclusive work culture

Excellent employer

Had benefits from day 1, very good employer and lots of opportunities to apply for internal jobs after hire. I really enjoy the management style and workplace culture of this institution.

Mast university

very good university. Typical day of work is chill. Students are chill. Vancouver is chill. Even I am chill. There is nothing hard. Workplace culture rocks!

Always busy days. Learned more about time management. Business culture. Pot lucks with staff most enjoyable part. Commute was hardest part. Good managment.

Very good company

My 15 years of work experience, has very good management and co-workers. Very helpful staff. Training is very professional. I enjoyed working with UBC.

the environment is really good for working and studying

A typical day at work always starts from going through tons of emails. The most important thing that I have learnt is to cooperate with you team members, to learn from each other, to help each other and to share views with people around you. The experience helps improve your management skills including time management, and project management.

Good place to start as a part-time worker

It was a good place to start for a part-time worker. The pay is minimum wage, but for a student just starting off, it is decent. the work place culture is very friendly and helpful. Most important think learned is how to work in a fast paced environment.

-Good Management -Great Culture, positive place to work -Great work life balance -great learning environment - Excellent leadership with opportunity to grow

Challenging but rewarding workplace with state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities

Working as a TA for UBC Okanagan has been one of the most rewarding experiences I have had. The workplace culture is amazing, with a collaborative environment in which both Faculty and Staff are willing and ready to help you grow as a professional and meet and exceed your own goals. It was the best kind of job: one in which I could simultaneously share my own knowledge and learn from others, especially the students.

Good work place

Good workplace, very good benefit but hard to get hours. Good coworkers, workplace culture is relaxed. Management is ok . Learned lot of new things at work.

Jobs at University of British Columbia

See more jobs

Opportunity To Work on Amazing Research

UBC provides the opportunity to work on some amazing research. There was the opportunity to work with various projects. The advisers and managers were supportive and encouraging.

Productive and straight forward

UBCH is a very nice place to work, the staffs there are amazing and friendly. The work given to you is just the right amount. Not too little and not so much that you drown in them. The hardest part of working here is first trying to settle in and get used to the work. But once you are past that stage it is the same thing everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is just being around the friendly staffs and patients.

productive and fun work place

I love my job because everyone shares the same vision and is dedicated to the mission I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job.

Great Work Environment and Job Security

The work atmosphere is relaxed, and staff and faculty members are generally supportive and friendly. The mission is to support the teaching and research at the university, which makes you feel motivated for your work.

Great place to work for the 3 years I have been there.

Great place to work. Multicultural environment hardest part is the laisezz-faire which might be stressful if there is need for supervision Enjoyable part is that there is an inclusive culture

Although i was glad to have a summer cleaning job for the summer 2019, there are some downlows during my time there. Let's spill the tea shall we?

The typical day at work was a lengthy one. I have learnt patience, efficiency and all housekeeping techniques. Management played favorites most of the time. Workplace culture was half toxic, competitive and gossipy. Lifting heavy funiture on my own was my least favorite cup of tea. Going to different locations from time to time helped me to cope with some drama there.

A place for endless learning

It's very busy day to day with students and faculty - this is the best part of the job. I get to learn from everyone, even if that's not my intention. It just happens. Some cultures in other departments are more challenged in ethics.

Great people to work with

The people you will work with are all good people. The work/life balance is also manageable as most people are understanding of this. Pay can be better, but is compensated with great benefits.

One of the worst place to work.

One of the worst place to work. Never Join UBC, Especially IT. UBC IT is one of the places where you can see people doing politics to the core. Most of the permanents are DOS-based old school IT guys. They never updated their knowledge or willingness to learn. If you are a contractor, Never ever think of Joining UBC.

Pros

Closer to Sea and Beaches

Cons

Politics, No Corporate Culture

Driven management team and a great company culture

The job pays very well, offers a flexible schedule allowing for travel during your time off. Many employees are students as well so it makes for a great company culture and many of the employees are now my good friends. Opportunity for advancement within the company, but not necessarily with your future.

Pros

Company culture, Good hours

Cons

Distance between managers and employees

Fun && Good learning experiance

You get to meet a lot of new people and see a work environment in a stable and friendly environment. Strongly recommend for those who want to have fun

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of British Columbia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2