University of British Columbia

University of British Columbia Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Covid showed me that the university cares about its staff, and I feel that we are a huge part of the long term goals of the organization. I look forward to being there until I retire
UBC is a wonderful place to work when you first start your career in food service because the level of training and cooperation with your coworkers is good. Also, it is a great place to ask questions so when you are unsure of something all of your supervisors are ready to help you out. It is a an environment like many in the culinary field. It is busy, cooperative, friendly, supportive, and enjoyable. Most of the time if you go to work with the desire to serve others you will receive ten fold back in return. God bless UBC. Here's to the furture! Thanks for all you have given me. T.
Working with UBC Food Services is enjoyable and my co-workers are nice. Although management can be a little more organised but overall it's pretty easy and good salary.
Pros
pay
Cons
opens late
A typical day at work consist of customer service, money handling, and serving food. Working for UBC for two year has no doubt taught me how to become a leader, how to work in the absence of supervision, how to communicate with customers, and handling money accurately. The management there needs some improvement when it comes to communication. My co-workers are amazing, they're one of the reasons that keep me motivated because we all have created a very close relationship and we are willing to help each other out during rush hours. The hardest part of my job is taking orders from customers who aren't paying attention when you repeat the order to them, and those who are very indecisive when it comes to ordering. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with people. I really enjoy how my job allows me so much flexibility, if i need a break from taking orders, I can help with expo or help serve food instead.
Pros
free meal, great pay, convenient location
Cons
non-flexible scheduling