University of British Columbia

University of British Columbia Employee Reviews for Graduate Researcher

Good. Nice supervisor. Schedule is flexible people are friendly work environment is nice Develop good programming skills quiz response need to spend time on learning and improving yourself
I studied my M.A.Sc. degree at the University of British Columbia. It is a fun place to be, and there are lots of opportunities for you to explore. However, it could be better one day.
Great place to work. Multicultural environment hardest part is the laisezz-faire which might be stressful if there is need for supervision Enjoyable part is that there is an inclusive culture
The best campus to work. Excellent people to work with. The professors are helpful. Fellow colleagues are nice and helpful. best experience for a graduate student.
It was not a pleasant memory for me. My supervisor forced me to quit what I wanted to do. Thus, I quit my doctoral project and moved to masters'. My funding was stopped without any notice.
Pros
Cons
N/a
The friendly atmosphere of Composite research network at the University of British Columbia, Okanagan Campus led me to pursue my favorite field of education along with my job. The most enjoyable part of working there is working with passionate and collaborative colleagues.
Working as a Research Assistant at UBC gives you a good amount of freedom to pursue the research of your interest while working with a really diverse set of people. Your supervisor plays a really important role in your learning and project progress, hence, be wise in choosing one.
Typical day start with work plan, ends with satisfaction and hope for the next day. Opportunity to exercise the technical know-how. Great co-workers and management.
Overall, my experiences both as a student and an employee have been humbling and wonderful. I look forward to more scholarly and volunteer experiences at UBC. The environment fuels the ability to flourish with cooperative staff and students, encouraging mentors and unwavering resources.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
The hours are flexible and the work is always challenging and interesting; great place for research, good networking opportunities, and good working environment.
The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world. Since 1915, UBC’s West Coast spirit has embraced innovation and challenged the status quo. Its entrepreneurial perspective encourages students, staff and faculty to challenge convention, lead discovery and explore new ways of learning. At UBC, bold thinking is given a place to develop into ideas that can change the world.
Best part of any academic job is being relatively free to ask your own questions. A typical day would include performing experiments, discussing ideas with colleagues and attending a seminar from a researcher at a collaborating university. Near grant submission time, days are mostly filled with writing proposals and staff meetings.
Great co-workers Great place to work Reasonable management Crowd