University of British Columbia
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

University of British Columbia Employee Reviews in Okanagan, BC

-Good Management -Great Culture, positive place to work -Great work life balance -great learning environment - Excellent leadership with opportunity to grow
Field crews for biology research projects sent into remote location with no cell service, no radios, no one knew where we were and no safety training or plans. At one point our crew lead asked us to walk into a wildfire and stomp it out. Job description said housing would be provided, but half the season would have been camping in the middle of nowhere with zero facilities and closest town an hour away... and no camping equipment, food or water, or proper home base is provided, everything is out of pocket for a minimum wage job. When safety concerns were communicated to professor leading the project, they put the blame on me and said I don't know the standards of the industry. It doesn't take much to understand that sending field crews into the wilderness with no radios or safety equipment is definitely not acceptable in any industry.
Cons
Poor safety, poor pay
Nursing teaching support staff are excellent! Great management and support for teachers. Clear guideline and policy for teaching. Great team to work with.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
low pay