University of British Columbia logo
University of British Columbia
View all University of British Columbia reviews

University of British Columbia

University of British Columbia Employee Review

Overworked, underpaid, and poorly managed

Faculty were great to work with, however the admin staff were always overworked and extremely stressed out. Very high turnover rate (unsurprisingly). Administration not willing to put money into hiring enough staff, then they wonder why people keep leaving. Made less than I did in my previous position, despite doing 4x the work - the role involved far more than one person can possibly accomplish alone, and was the most stressful job I've ever had. I hear this is a systemic issue across UBC. I would not work here again.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

productive and fun work place

I love my job because everyone shares the same vision and is dedicated to the mission I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job.
Same role

Large organization with outdated processes but good environment

Large organization with outdated processes, making improvements by implementing a new ERP system. Slow to change but good salaries, benefits, work/life balance.
Same role

Good people, environment, and best benefits in town! Each department is different, some better to work in. Once you are in you can move around to find the best position for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of British Columbia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2