University of British Columbia
Happiness score is 65 out of 100
University of British Columbia Employee Review

8 April 2020
-Good Management -Great Culture, positive place to work -Great work life balance -great learning environment - Excellent leadership with opportunity to grow
4.0Job security/advancement
13 June 2020
Same role
3rd Cook (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Good pay and benefits, as well as friendly staffs. One thing though is there's alot of management issues and scheduling so those i always keep on eye on it.
27 January 2020
Same location
Field Technician/ Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Okanagan, BC
Field crews for biology research projects sent into remote location with no cell service, no radios, no one knew where we were and no safety training or plans. At one point our crew lead asked us to walk into a wildfire and stomp it out. Job description said housing would be provided, but half the season would have been camping in the middle of nowhere with zero facilities and closest town an hour away... and no camping equipment, food or water, or proper home base is provided, everything is out of pocket for a minimum wage job. When safety concerns were communicated to professor leading the project, they put the blame on me and said I don't know the standards of the industry. It doesn't take much to understand that sending field crews into the wilderness with no radios or safety equipment is definitely not acceptable in any industry.
Cons
Poor safety, poor pay
5 February 2018
Same location
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) - Okanagan, BC
Nursing teaching support staff are excellent! Great management and support for teachers. Clear guideline and policy for teaching. Great team to work with.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
low pay