University of British Columbia logo
View all University of British Columbia reviews

University of British Columbia

University of British Columbia Employee Review

Good resources, horrible management

I was hired to take notes/read out loud/study with my fellow students who had learning disabilities such as brain injuries/seizure disorders and dyslexia. The management at UBCO was horrible, if they had just let me and my students work things out between us it would have been way easier. But they ended up confusing matters between the four of us. I did get access to some good resources from UBCO to help them out though, so it wasn't all bad.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Wonderful place to learn and work

I really enjoyed my time studying and working at UNBC. There are many positions available for students, and the hours are flexible allowing you to work around your classes. Professors and support staff are very supportive and encouraging.
Same role

Nice Campus

The most beautiful campus in North America, or in the world. You will feel fresh to live here.
Same location

UBC okanagan

UBC BCGEU position is a dead end job with a great benefit package. The wages are very low however you know that coming in and may be able to deal with that aspect. The charge engineer and management team in the facilities department create a toxic work environment. There is an old boys club mentality and change is desperately needed, the existing work environment its not a healthy or positive workplace.

Pros

Benifit package

Cons

As mentioned

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of British Columbia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2