University of Alberta Employee Review

View all University of Alberta reviews

A Place for state of the art Education and Multi-cultural experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2013
I work as Research assistant in a Geophysics group. Coming around 10 am staying all day doing experiments in the lab, have nice time in lunch with my co-workers who are my friends too. Experimental geophysicist is not so easy, you need to have clear idea before starting a job, face several obstruction (mechanical failure, miscalculation), waiting for the run to finish but at last I feel refresh when finish my job with the helping hand of the members of the team. The challenging projects build up innovation, creativity and determination inside me as well as create the ability to work in a team. Analytical problem solving and service-oriented perspective, self-starting quality flourished through this kind of work. Every Friday evening I play badminton in the club, and also do some flag-football occasionally that refresh me for the next day.
Pros
Lots of free food seminars, State-of-art education
Cons
Severe Winter

Other University of Alberta Employee Reviews

Exciting, fun place to work.
LAN Administrator (Former Employee) –  Faculty25 May 2018
Always learning and enjoyed all the people at atmosphere, with very good interactions with academic staff. Can not say enough good about the UofA, after all they are my Alma Mater ;)
Pros
Very good atmosphere
Cons
Parking is limited
Respective, productive,environmentally friendly
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2018
cooperate to learn and learn to be professional in the specific area
The hardest time is to finish one experiment in the dark room(for experimental need, almost no light) for force measurement of the materials. Also, the time in the dark inspires the critical thinking and is also the most enjoyable part of the job.