University Health Network logo
University Health Network

University Health Network Employee Reviews

real sense of purpose for our work in delivery valve to patient health

A very rewarding place to work. Everyone is dedicated to bring something to the table where ideas are appreciated and discussed and the focus is on the patients welfare.

Pros

Sense of purpose, great coworkers

Cons

pay not competative with industry standard, administration can be difficult to deal with

Excellent student placement

I was here on a student placement. As a Communicative Disorders Assistant student, I felt very welcomed by the staff and team I was working with. It provided me with an excellent experience.

Volunteer

Great place to volunteer. I have been a volunteer for over two years and the volunteer coordinator, employees and supervisor are friendly and helpful. Very skilled at their positions.

N/a

Interesting research completed at one of the world's top hospitals and affiliated institutions. Opportunity to get published alongside some of the most brilliant university students, scientists, and physicians.

Great Atmosphere

I was a lab assistant for one of their PI's. The labs are state of the art, although it may vary among other labs. The people I worked with are open and friendly, and overall it was a great experience!

Good place to work if you don't work shift work

Lots of programs for work life balance and wellness, good food court, clean and convenient to get to. Many employee discounts available. Always felt secure on site when on shifts.

Good work life balance

Good place to work for scientific research, has good work-life balance, but not much in terms of career progression or promotions. The benefits are good.

I very much enjoy working here, daily. There is good team environment with managerial support. I find I am constant learning and bettering my practice - though this is usually self guided.

Fun and great people to work with

Great and awesome people I work for and support. The team that I am on is exceptional and easy going. I learn something new everyday and I am up for challenges any time.

UHN is a great positive environment to work in. It provides and a great attitude towards in employees. I would recommend this employer to anyone looking for great environment.

Jobs at University Health Network

See more jobs

Fun place to work

Very different work environment. Teaches us how to be professional, how to handle different situations, how to be patient oriented, how to efficiently manage and juggle multiple tasks.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Different people with different opinions

Average place to work for

Management and leadership is very politically professional. The more you work, the more responsibilities are imposed with not pay raise or recognition also some managers will take all the credit of your hard work. If they like you continue to stay on-board if not, you will be harassed till one resign. HR is only to help out the Managers. Policies are compromised for the higher ups. Work load is tremendous and expectations with multitasking, attention to details from assistants is top priority. One can easily get stressed and burn out.

Pros

Good benefits but they don't match up to other companies out there

Cons

No time for lunch and time be wasted over unnecessary meetings and minute taking.

Wonderful Scientific Minds

Loved going to work daily. Great group of people that were incredibly talented. Supportive company culture and great room for advancement. Would recommend highly.

Depends on the contract

I love working at UHN, people are friendly and helpful. I feel like i am part of a team. Everybody does their job very well. A typical day at work starts with an early morning experiment, cleaning and organizing my bench followed by answering emails or writing up protocols.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

No Windows, No Benefits

Making a difference in patients lives in a positive working enviroment

I worked 8 or 12 hours per day which included morning, afternoons and evenings shifts. I learned how to provide effective care to 6 patients (full patient load for an RPN at the facility). My responsibilities included; basic care, physical assessments, implementing nursing/medical interventions, medication administration, evaluations of patient therapy, ongoing monitoring of patients' conditions, as well as documentation (EPR, flow charts and progressive notes). I also had the opportunity to become competent in my bedside manner and apply my therapeutic communication skills with all my patients.

Pros

Being a part of the rehab process and working as part of a team

Cons

Not having sufficient time to be able to provide psychological/social support for patients

Great place for patients

I really enjoy volunteering at Toronto Rehabilitation as I am capable of interacting with people on a daily basis. It is a great place because I get involved with the community by giving back to them valuable experience in an environment that helps them to relief issues. They can come in contact with people and temporarily distress by communicating with others that would like to connect with them. Also they can get better by finding resources within the store that can aid them in recovery.

Pros

At this hospital patients get free beverages.

Cons

It isn't always open.

Productive and teamwork oriented

Typically schedules are 12 hours, can get busy with little support depending on the unit you work for. Management is different in different departments and can be described by personal opinions on an individual basis. The workplace culture I worked for worked best in a teamwork type of fashion which help clients in an efficient manner. The more enjoyable part of the job include the colleagues you work with, all are very supportive. The hardest part of the job is workload.

General Help

Typical day of work was to maintain inventory and data entry via a computerized coding system. Colleagues and Management were easy to get along with.

Pros

Hospital setting

No support from management for job opportuntities.

Would like to be in a more fair & professional environment. Employees are promoted by who they know & not what they know. There's no support from management.

Great Workplace with amazing team work

TGH is a great and dynamic place to work with young and energetic staff that work amazing together as a team. The hardest part would be the long hours but the work we do is so amazing that it makes it worth it.

Cons

10 hour shifts, long hours, lack of training

Productive and friendly atmosphere that allows for creativity and

Would highly recommend. Smart people. Good learning. Welcoming. Excellent facilities. Challenging. Room for advancement. Would go back in an instant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement