University Health Network logo
University Health Network

University Health Network Employee Reviews

real sense of purpose for our work in delivery valve to patient health

A very rewarding place to work. Everyone is dedicated to bring something to the table where ideas are appreciated and discussed and the focus is on the patients welfare.

Pros

Sense of purpose, great coworkers

Cons

pay not competative with industry standard, administration can be difficult to deal with

Productive and fun workplace

- Good work balance- Good management- Collaborative environment with lots of opportunities to learn new technologies- Strong research group with lots of initiative

Pros

Good team events

Cons

Salary/benefits not so competitive.

Patient Observer position

The manager was abusive and unprofessional. Literally bullies students. Very disappointing for such a big organization to have such people work for them.

Nice facility

All the staff are very nice and inclusive of one another. Location is great as it is located in the hear of downtown toronto. Also located beside other health care facilities.

Work from Mon-Fri with flexible time Learning AR/AP skills Friendly Environment Get used to work under pressure and fast paced environment Opportunity to grow

volunteer

Great staff and very helpful. Great exposure for hospital setting if you aspire working in health field. You get the chance to do some secretarial job and admin job

Good working environment

Good workplace culture, excellent management department. There was no job security with the position so I had to change careers. Otherwise, a good place to work for Allied Health professionals.

Workplace culture

Workplace culture at this organization has been very different from now, and is deteriorating rapidly. In the last 3 years many people left organization, and this trends is accelerating.

great therapy team

assessments, evaluations, repeat. Heavy caseload, but staff is great at helping each other out. This hospital seemed to have really good work morale the time I was there.

Excellent hands-on experience

By shadowing different staff, I have gotten the chance to demonstrate skills in a real-life setting. Through UHN, I was able to experience what it is like to work with patients, conduct literature reviews, and use clic-oriented software (e.g. EPR).

Jobs at University Health Network

See more jobs

good

good place to work, learn and grow. good job security. depending on what area you work in, job advancement may be difficult. overall its a safe company

Long travel

Started from a temp. part time until I became a perm. fulltime. Learned a lot from the in service and 2x a year educational day that my department has. I was the very first junior staff that ever held a team lead position. Hardest part of the job was uniting the staffs for a common goal and that is for patient's well being. Managed to bring the staffs together and voice out our concerns.

Pros

more staffs

Cons

personal conflict

Medical Lab assistant , with good atitude ,and love

Great opportunity to work as a Lab assistant help people with love , and compassion . Love , and compassion is my nature to deal with any problem . I m a mother of one child , and a grand mother too .

Productive workplace

I started my career at UH n and have had so much personal and professional growth. This hospital is amazing for ongoing education and teaching and I am so proud to have been able to learn so much during these 10 years here.

Great environment

Great environment, nice facilities. Older equipment. The support staff helpful and professional. Good location close to food and transport. I have nothing else to say

Great company in every aspect for its employees and clients and maintaining Canadian values of respect, dignity and equality.

UHN is a great company with more than 18K multicultural employees and with great work ethics to allow employees work in proper team oriented climate to achieve patient centered care and in the mean time caring for the professional development, health safety and education of employees.

Pros

Respectful and motivating administration.

Cons

Not much

Productive , always rushed , push more and more work on employees then they can handle

Not all departments are the way my department is . Ive been with UHN almost 2 years and seen improvements to their cost and spending , but NO improvement to the way employees are treated , and the work expected just keeps shooting up. It is an unfair and unbalanced amount of hours divided between part time employees, and all staff feels as if we have NO voice .

Productive and Fun work place

A lot of research is going on in TRI and it was exciting to be part of it. The work environment is relaxing but it also fosters to productivity and creativity.

Amazing Team

Working with some of the most passionate and caring therapists, I was able to see, first-hand, why patients trust and enjoy coming to Toronto Rehab. The staff are kind, caring, and patient with every patient they encounter.

Great research institution with talented employees

UHN is a great place to work. The management is organized and friendly and they really care about their employees, and the culture is relaxed but hardworking.

bullying goes unchecked

Great place to work until you get bullied. Then there is NO support. Management jumps on board with the bullies and makes you look crazy. Any policies about workplace harassment are ignored. If you are a target, you might as well go away and get yourself healthy. They will NOT help the target and support the bullies by joining in the behaviour.

Cons

complete disregard for harassment policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement