University Health Network logo
University Health Network

University Health Network Employee Reviews

real sense of purpose for our work in delivery valve to patient health

A very rewarding place to work. Everyone is dedicated to bring something to the table where ideas are appreciated and discussed and the focus is on the patients welfare.

Pros

Sense of purpose, great coworkers

Cons

pay not competative with industry standard, administration can be difficult to deal with

Busy

It is a great place to work. Great organization. Reasonable pay. Great benefits offer. Love the people I work with. My boss is very understanding a great leader.

Productive workspace with supportive team

The day begins at 9:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM. As an intern I work two days a week from 9-2:00 PM to accommodate classes. I work directly under the Senior Graphic Designer who oversees my process from ideation to production. I have learned a great deal about corporate branding and multitasking between different departments.

Not applicable

I have learnt a lot about the full spectrum of healthcare, in particular how technology, strong best practices, lean business processes and caring staff can impact a patients story

The most enjoyable part of the job

Good to work in such a gigantic organization with over 30,000 employees and get to know how hospital system in Canada works. Good staff benefits, 6 insurance plans to pick from.

Innovative place to work

Great place to work great team members, no micro management.............................. Would recommend this working environment to anyone........................

Pros

No Micro Management

Cons

Communte

Very welcoming

Everyone is very kind and welcome. The environment is super easy is adapt. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients and helping them.

Team work coordination, learning, using knowledge and skills

A typical day at work shld jstify my commute to work. I shld lern sme thngs abt hw scntific prncples r applied. I mst give feedbck to mgt, enjy a friendly and collaborative culture

Great place to work for

I am a dialysis nurse who works on a nocturnal unit. I like the team i work with, the manager is very helpful & the NP , DR are very easy to work with. They actually value the input of the nurses who see the patients alot more than they do.

quality care

the team produced high-quality research and care for the patients, wonderful physician and healthcare team the management team could be better at supporting the junior members

Jobs at University Health Network

See more jobs

Avoid the IT department

As an IT professional if you want a place to learn and advance then avoid this place. The management has changed over the past few years and they haven't figured out yet what they are doing.

Rewarding only for sake of Patients

UHN is an 'alright' place to work at, most of your peers would be willing to help and accommodate you but unfortunately my management was only interested in passing blame onto others as opposed to take some responsibilities up on themselves in a mature manner. Not to mention the consistent lack of clear communication or I should say ambiguous communication left much to be desired. This I found to be toxic and affected me greatly, to be constantly undermined, and having vague idea of my place at the job only created more hurdles for me than solutions. This isn't to say the place is bad, on contrary I found there are other departments whose management works well with others, so it is matter of luck where you end up working.

Wonderful Place to work

They are caring for their employees, and I had a wonder career of 38 years there and am now looking for casual employment. I would strongly recommend them as an employer.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Great place to work but not a lot of management opportunities

Have had a great experience working here. The staff are supportive and the culture is great. However, not a lot of opportunity to explore management roles.

Uhn

NO work life balance, people who know someone or who are related get the jobs. I loved it there, everyone so patient-oriented, but so hard to get a real position. No matter what your skills level.

Great place to work, friendly environment.

Former employee, always held a high regard for UHN especially TGH, started my work career there fresh out of high school and worked my way up. Always had a positive experience and worked with amazing people. Unfortunately managers always seem to wreck things for people, they are protected by HR, HR always sides with management and the workers never win even if they are in the right, poor advice from HR personnel have caused me to loose a job that I loved.

Pros

Great hospital, great firsts, pretty good benefits

Cons

Heavy workload, payscale not so great

friendly working environment

good work environment. Challenging work that helps improve problem-solving skills and use of specific system programs used for data entry/collection. friendly co-workers that are willing to help you out if you are encountering certain problems.

some sites close to home and easy transit access

some days can be a little heavy ,with the cleaning of dorms such as moving beds and client items and removing garbage ,i assisted the housekeepers with the removing heavy items , but overall safety was good

Pros

good food and friendly staff

Cons

removing excessive garbage

good place to start with

I enjoyed to work in UHN as a registered nurse I learned so much about criticial thinking as a nurse.Not much flexibility on the schedule. the staffs are so nice to work with.

Very inspiring work environment where world class research is conducted

I learned a lot during my time at UHN. Met world class physicians and worked alongside Medical students and undergraduate students in conducting research in the cardiovascular surgery fields of study.

Great Experience

Its a great place for someone that could live in the city. Its too costly for someone that taking a Go Train as it takes too much time for travel and $$$

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement