University Health Network logo

University Health Network Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Professional and highly competitive

Excellent place to work if you want to learn and grow. Very fast-paced multi-tasking and highly competitive, Salary raises do not follow the increase in duties and responsibilities. Benefits are very good Management does not promote or stimulate advancement. They don't promote you so they don't have to increase your pay.

Benefits

Cons

salary increases and promotions very difficult to achieve

Good work environment

I had the opportunity to work on the UHN lease. It was really challenging because it require more details, attention and there are more contract in more than 100 pages. This opportunity has helped me understand how contracts are treating and the more important how people are working in team. We use to do the brainstorming every time we have a problem to be solve.

Great place to work!

I enjoyed working with Toronto Rehabilitation. My day began at 8 AM getting ready to meet patients attending the Outpatient Specialty Clinic. I worked alongside several doctors and was priveleged to learn many valuable lessons from them. Dealing with a diversity of patients gave me a lot of pleasure and I was always grateful being complemented by the doctors and the patients for the extra care and hard work I put in to make the patient/s comfortable. The most enjoyable part of my job was being there for a patient who needed someone to talk to, or just be the listening ear. It was not always easy especially when dealing with Geriatric and neurocognitive patients but with a pleasant attitude I was able to handle my job efficiently. Working long hours was never an issue for me and I made sure that my work was thoroughly completed for the day before I left to go home. I loved my job.

Pros

We were never pressured by work

Cons

Some of the staff took their job very lightly and this caused unpleasantness with the team.

Fun place to work however career advancement non existant

Been there for some time now. The pay rate and benefits are unmatched, however if you are looking for somewhere that encourages and has positions available for personal growth, the size of the department doesn't allow for it. Both the supervisors and Manager have been there for over 15 years and it doesn't look like they are going anywhere soon.

New Perspectives on Healthcare

Felt like I was making a difference to help people throughout their day as well as provide assistance to a key field in hospital clinics.

Productive and excellent place to work

Job responsibilities are repetitive. Plenty of paperworks to deal with. Have to be an excellent multitasker to work here. The most enjoyable part is you get to know and meet people from a different background.

Pros

Good benefits, competitive salary

Cons

Overall a good place and company to work for.

It is a stable job and the benefits are excellent. I worked with them for about 17 years.I supervised about 10 to 15 unionised employees at a given time and I enjoy working with people.The management were good and helpfull.When staff report sick and replacement was difficult. Unionised workforce and caution was always required because one does not want to regularly deal with union issues, because it will effect productivity.The challenge to put out the food on time and to constantly look for ways to work smarter productivity increases inspite of this being a union workforce.

Pros

there was free time to complete other work, and always got my lunch and other breaks.

Cons

sometimes long hours and being a workaholic i strive and overwork.

enjoing working with defferent peolpe

I learned to communicate with others and a co- workers as well,the hardest part of the job is when dealing with the costumer with bahaviors problems but i still handle it, the most enjoyable in my job is to serve our costumers with friendly and with respect same thing with my co workers.

Good workplace

An institution that rewards positive results, hard work, loyalty and enhancement of skills and knowledge

Pros

enhancement of skills and knowledge

x

I enjoy working at this company but would like to explore other opportunities.

Pros

good work environment

Cons

some benefits could be better

Jobs at University Health Network