University Health Network logo
University Health Network

University Health Network Culture reviews

Clear

real sense of purpose for our work in delivery valve to patient health

A very rewarding place to work. Everyone is dedicated to bring something to the table where ideas are appreciated and discussed and the focus is on the patients welfare.

Pros

Sense of purpose, great coworkers

Cons

pay not competative with industry standard, administration can be difficult to deal with

Great research institution with talented employees

UHN is a great place to work. The management is organized and friendly and they really care about their employees, and the culture is relaxed but hardworking.

bullying goes unchecked

Great place to work until you get bullied. Then there is NO support. Management jumps on board with the bullies and makes you look crazy. Any policies about workplace harassment are ignored. If you are a target, you might as well go away and get yourself healthy. They will NOT help the target and support the bullies by joining in the behaviour.

Cons

complete disregard for harassment policies

Fun and great people to work with

Great and awesome people I work for and support. The team that I am on is exceptional and easy going. I learn something new everyday and I am up for challenges any time.

UHN is a great positive environment to work in. It provides and a great attitude towards in employees. I would recommend this employer to anyone looking for great environment.

Wonderful Scientific Minds

Loved going to work daily. Great group of people that were incredibly talented. Supportive company culture and great room for advancement. Would recommend highly.

Productive and teamwork oriented

Typically schedules are 12 hours, can get busy with little support depending on the unit you work for. Management is different in different departments and can be described by personal opinions on an individual basis. The workplace culture I worked for worked best in a teamwork type of fashion which help clients in an efficient manner. The more enjoyable part of the job include the colleagues you work with, all are very supportive. The hardest part of the job is workload.

Great Workplace with amazing team work

TGH is a great and dynamic place to work with young and energetic staff that work amazing together as a team. The hardest part would be the long hours but the work we do is so amazing that it makes it worth it.

Cons

10 hour shifts, long hours, lack of training

My experiences as a nursing student

I had an amazing pregraduate experience working on the stroke rehab unit. The staff work well as a team to help integrate the new team members onto the unit. I have had the absolute pleasure to work with such a caring group of professionals that deeply care about the patients.

Pros

great interprofessional collaboration

Productive and fun learning

Friendly, loving and caring work environment Received very well co-operation from colleagues and seniors Got to interact with different people in different departments Very good learning experience

Jobs at University Health Network

See more jobs

amazing people to work with

I loved the work environment.Great staff. The management was excellent. Great benefits package. I would recommend working with this company. I lived too far from the company and had to leave unfortunately.

Pros

staff was amazing

Great people to work with

Processed reports, dealt with phone calls from clients, referral source, and family physicians I learned how to deal with strict timelines Worked closely with clinical staff ie, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and multiple disciplines of physicians Most of the management team was great to work with My co-workers for the most part were great Hardest part of the job was learning to deal with the strict timelines The most enjoyable part of my job was being thanked by clients for helping them

Great Experience

Fun work place with supportive management. You develop skills and get a lot of experience. Politics are very soft and no difficulties in resolving any issues.

wonderful place to work

In a typical day, I am able to do a variety of tasks as required. I can work well in a team as well as a group environment. I am a productive team player. I have learned to work well with the occupational health team and staff. The hardest part of the job is multi-tasking. The most enjoyable part of the job is our Pot Luck and team meetings.

Pros

Yearly BBQ

Productive challenging atmosphere

Great place to be. Learned a lot. Day is usually busy non stop with occasional breaks. My immediate coworkers were enjoyable to work with. I enjoyed everything about the job.

Engaging and productive field placement

Excellent place to gain new skills and meet wonderful people. I enjoyed my time at the University Health Network.

Nice Environment

Hardworking teams at both floor and management levels. Structured hours and great benefits.

Productive and excellent place to work

Job responsibilities are repetitive. Plenty of paperworks to deal with. Have to be an excellent multitasker to work here. The most enjoyable part is you get to know and meet people from a different background.

Pros

Good benefits, competitive salary

Too slow-paced

Very slow paced, not enough urgency, work environment lacked daily goals.

Great place to work! Great environment to grow as a professional, inspirational people all around!

enjoing working with defferent peolpe

I learned to communicate with others and a co- workers as well,the hardest part of the job is when dealing with the costumer with bahaviors problems but i still handle it, the most enjoyable in my job is to serve our costumers with friendly and with respect same thing with my co workers.