University Health Network

University Health Network Culture reviews

A very rewarding place to work. Everyone is dedicated to bring something to the table where ideas are appreciated and discussed and the focus is on the patients welfare.
Pros
Sense of purpose, great coworkers
Cons
pay not competative with industry standard, administration can be difficult to deal with
I love working here great co workers and team work manager is supportive . All supplies are mostly in stock . Pay in never late!! Very rewarding job. Highly recommended for anyone to join uhn
Job is what you make of it. Avoid the politics and do your job you'll be just fine. Great job security and benefits for most positions. Especially now with work from home I'd imagine most of the admin work would be great. You work in Health Care so Job Security is top notch.
Pros
Job Security and benefits
Cons
Depending on department could be weird hours, If you don't get a long with your immediate supervisor good luck
Poor management style. Senior director not interested to do the right thing if there is an issue. Directors and managers are too busy to try to actually know who is really contributing and can cultivate their skills and help them grow. Only interested if you’re supporting the faculty of pharmacy on top of all your clinical work. Clinical leads do not provide a supportive environment of learning, ready to point out flaws. The managers of different sites are related so how would staff feel if they have a concern.
Pros
The prestige of working at UHN
Cons
Poor work culture
Excellent place to work if you want to learn and grow. Very fast-paced multi-tasking and highly competitive, Salary raises do not follow the increase in duties and responsibilities. Benefits are very good Management does not promote or stimulate advancement. They don't promote you so they don't have to increase your pay.
Benefits
Cons
salary increases and promotions very difficult to achieve
It is a great place to work. Great organization. Reasonable pay. Great benefits offer. Love the people I work with. My boss is very understanding a great leader.
Great place to work great team members, no micro management.............................. Would recommend this working environment to anyone........................
Pros
No Micro Management
Cons
Communte
Everyone is very kind and welcome. The environment is super easy is adapt. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients and helping them.
A typical day at work shld jstify my commute to work. I shld lern sme thngs abt hw scntific prncples r applied. I mst give feedbck to mgt, enjy a friendly and collaborative culture
the team produced high-quality research and care for the patients, wonderful physician and healthcare team the management team could be better at supporting the junior members
Have had a great experience working here. The staff are supportive and the culture is great. However, not a lot of opportunity to explore management roles.
I enjoyed learning all the new technologies and workflows I had to use which will certainly be very useful in the coming years. While work was a bit slow sometimes, it was still nice to spend time with my coworkers and being at the centre of downtown Toronto didn't hurt.
Pros
Good learning experience, relaxed, good culture
Cons
Slow days
As it is such a big organization, your job and workplace culture is very dependent on the team you are on and your manager/leadership. Some roles will provide you with the opportunity to interact with other teams/departments, while others are more insular. For the most part, it is possible to move around to new roles (I was on the corporate side, but moved between teams) when you would like a change/new challenge. Salaries are on the low end.
Pros
Large organization, possible to move between teams to increase your learning + find the right fit
Cons
Internal promotion can be difficult and is very dependent on your manager/leadership
nice place to work at, good working atmosphere. great working culture. over all nice place, does have bit of mis-communication between the departments, that sometime leads to deal in work done.
I have learned about nursing care relevant to the individual patient's needs. I really enjoyed working at Toronto Rehabilitation Institute especially because of the positive environment amongst staff members and supports available.
- Good work balance- Good management- Collaborative environment with lots of opportunities to learn new technologies- Strong research group with lots of initiative
Pros
Good team events
Cons
Salary/benefits not so competitive.
Great staff and very helpful. Great exposure for hospital setting if you aspire working in health field. You get the chance to do some secretarial job and admin job
Good workplace culture, excellent management department. There was no job security with the position so I had to change careers. Otherwise, a good place to work for Allied Health professionals.
Workplace culture at this organization has been very different from now, and is deteriorating rapidly. In the last 3 years many people left organization, and this trends is accelerating.
Started from a temp. part time until I became a perm. fulltime. Learned a lot from the in service and 2x a year educational day that my department has. I was the very first junior staff that ever held a team lead position. Hardest part of the job was uniting the staffs for a common goal and that is for patient's well being. Managed to bring the staffs together and voice out our concerns.
Pros
more staffs
Cons
personal conflict
Great environment, nice facilities. Older equipment. The support staff helpful and professional. Good location close to food and transport. I have nothing else to say