University Health Network logo
University Health Network

University Health Network Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Fun place to work however career advancement non existant

Been there for some time now. The pay rate and benefits are unmatched, however if you are looking for somewhere that encourages and has positions available for personal growth, the size of the department doesn't allow for it. Both the supervisors and Manager have been there for over 15 years and it doesn't look like they are going anywhere soon.

Security Department

In terms of health care University Health Network is one of the leaders for patient care and embracing innovation in the health care sector. As a previous employee in UHN's security operations, also as a female, I would suggest the managerial staff in the security department be required to maintain a stronger educational focus on keeping up to date with social appropriateness, gender equality, racial inclusivity and that a higher standard be held regarding acceptable candidates for managerial positions. All UHN members of Security Operations management are male and are also educationally surpassed by many of their subordinates. My experience working within the security department for 5 years exposed a large disconnect between the mangers racist, sexist and authoritarian like behaviour and the standard of excellence UHN maintains regarding healthy work environments. This is unacceptable for such a progressive organization in the health care sector located in one of the most multicultural cities in the world. I am not proud to have worked in this environment, it forced me to compromise my value systems, my integrity and my own standards for self-respect. These are not small compromises to expect employees to make in order to do their jobs in the 21st century.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University Health Network?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement