University Health Network logo
University Health Network

University Health Network Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Excellent oc workers

I love working here great co workers and team work manager is supportive . All supplies are mostly in stock . Pay in never late!! Very rewarding job. Highly recommended for anyone to join uhn

Great place to work for

I am a dialysis nurse who works on a nocturnal unit. I like the team i work with, the manager is very helpful & the NP , DR are very easy to work with. They actually value the input of the nurses who see the patients alot more than they do.

good place to start with

I enjoyed to work in UHN as a registered nurse I learned so much about criticial thinking as a nurse.Not much flexibility on the schedule. the staffs are so nice to work with.

Friendly environment

I work casual and I like my schedule. Nice colleagues. The unit is not that heavy and I like to work for this company. The only reason I may leave is the commuit issue. Otherwise, I would never leave this company.

Long hard days at work with amazing people

Working as a nurse there is a lot of paperwork and mediating between different members of the care team and patients. I expect UHN is no different in that it feels as though the nurses take a lot of the work with little say in the company. All of this having been said I had the opportunity to work with the most amazing men and women I have had the pleasure of meeting. they are always kind and helpful as can be, even when the work gets hard.

Pros

Co-workers

Productive and teamwork oriented

Typically schedules are 12 hours, can get busy with little support depending on the unit you work for. Management is different in different departments and can be described by personal opinions on an individual basis. The workplace culture I worked for worked best in a teamwork type of fashion which help clients in an efficient manner. The more enjoyable part of the job include the colleagues you work with, all are very supportive. The hardest part of the job is workload.

Excellent Place to work

Through training and education for a new grad. Management were supportive and responsive to issues brought forth. The care provided at this company is competent and kind.

good workplace that provides occasional free body massage

UHN promotes self directed learning true tuition reimbursement. there is good team work. it is a workplace that shows concerns for staff work and life balance

Pros

Tuition subsidies

Cons

Work load increasing

Good workplace where respect and civility is maintained

This workplace enable me to give my optimum performances. Encourages and give incentives to further my career. Allows me to learn from my mistakes true appropriate mentorship.

Pros

Good Team Spirit

Cons

sometime too physically demand

Uhn

I am currently working there and seeking new opportunities. In the acute care hospital setting I've learned to stay calm and work on my feet as it can become very busy. Despite the fast paced environment, I've continued to practice safe client centered care based on hospital protocols and CNO standards.

Jobs at University Health Network

Registered Nurse positions
See more jobs

Not a good place to work overall, especially if you are a nurse

If you are a nurse, be prepared to deal with a lot of stress. My manager is terrible to say the least. The advanced practice nurses apparently report to directors who are not nurses and have no clue what nurses do. There is also a lot of bullying going on and management tries hard to sweep it under the rug. I have seen a lot of good people leave this place because they were not valued or treated properly.

Pros

a teaching hospital

Cons

work environment is very unpleasant

Very exciting leading cardiac surgery department.

Great hospital experience. Learned valuable time managment skills and wonderful colleagues.

Pros

wonderful managment.

Cons

long night shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement