University Health Network logo
View all University Health Network reviews

University Health Network

University Health Network Employee Review

nursing student experience

I have learned about nursing care relevant to the individual patient's needs. I really enjoyed working at Toronto Rehabilitation Institute especially because of the positive environment amongst staff members and supports available.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Nice facility

All the staff are very nice and inclusive of one another. Location is great as it is located in the hear of downtown toronto. Also located beside other health care facilities.
Same roleSame location

Making a difference in patients lives in a positive working enviroment

I worked 8 or 12 hours per day which included morning, afternoons and evenings shifts. I learned how to provide effective care to 6 patients (full patient load for an RPN at the facility). My responsibilities included; basic care, physical assessments, implementing nursing/medical interventions, medication administration, evaluations of patient therapy, ongoing monitoring of patients' conditions, as well as documentation (EPR, flow charts and progressive notes). I also had the opportunity to become competent in my bedside manner and apply my therapeutic communication skills with all my patients.

Pros

Being a part of the rehab process and working as part of a team

Cons

Not having sufficient time to be able to provide psychological/social support for patients
Same location

real sense of purpose for our work in delivery valve to patient health

A very rewarding place to work. Everyone is dedicated to bring something to the table where ideas are appreciated and discussed and the focus is on the patients welfare.

Pros

Sense of purpose, great coworkers

Cons

pay not competative with industry standard, administration can be difficult to deal with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement