University Health Network Employee Reviews

volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
Great staff and very helpful. Great exposure for hospital setting if you aspire working in health field. You get the chance to do some secretarial job and admin job
Workplace culture
Finance Director - UHN Pharmacy, IPAC, PSI, MDRD (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
Workplace culture at this organization has been very different from now, and is deteriorating rapidly. In the last 3 years many people left organization, and this trends is accelerating.
great therapy team
Student Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada26 January 2018
assessments, evaluations, repeat. Heavy caseload, but staff is great at helping each other out. This hospital seemed to have really good work morale the time I was there.
Excellent hands-on experience
Clinical Nutrition Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
By shadowing different staff, I have gotten the chance to demonstrate skills in a real-life setting. Through UHN, I was able to experience what it is like to work with patients, conduct literature reviews, and use clic-oriented software (e.g. EPR).
good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
good place to work, learn and grow. good job security. depending on what area you work in, job advancement may be difficult. overall its a safe company
Long travel
Team Lead Evening shift (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario28 December 2017
Started from a temp. part time until I became a perm. fulltime. Learned a lot from the in service and 2x a year educational day that my department has. I was the very first junior staff that ever held a team lead position. Hardest part of the job was uniting the staffs for a common goal and that is for patient's well being. Managed to bring the staffs together and voice out our concerns.
Pros
more staffs
Cons
personal conflict
Medical Lab assistant , with good atitude ,and love
Medaical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
Great opportunity to work as a Lab assistant help people with love , and compassion .
Love , and compassion is my nature to deal with any problem .
I m a mother of one child , and a grand mother too .
Productive workplace
MULTI-ORGAN TRANSPLANT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2017
I started my career at UH n and have had so much personal and professional growth. This hospital is amazing for ongoing education and teaching and I am so proud to have been able to learn so much during these 10 years here.
Great company in every aspect for its employees and clients and maintaining Canadian values of respect, dignity and equality.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  MSN ICU TWH26 October 2017
UHN is a great company with more than 18K multicultural employees and with great work ethics to allow employees work in proper team oriented climate to achieve patient centered care and in the mean time caring for the professional development, health safety and education of employees.
Pros
Respectful and motivating administration.
Cons
Not much
Productive , always rushed , push more and more work on employees then they can handle
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
Not all departments are the way my department is . Ive been with UHN almost 2 years and seen improvements to their cost and spending , but NO improvement to the way employees are treated , and the work expected just keeps shooting up. It is an unfair and unbalanced amount of hours divided between part time employees, and all staff feels as if we have NO voice .
Productive and Fun work place
Medical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
A lot of research is going on in TRI and it was exciting to be part of it. The work environment is relaxing but it also fosters to productivity and creativity.
Great research institution with talented employees
Research Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
UHN is a great place to work. The management is organized and friendly and they really care about their employees, and the culture is relaxed but hardworking.
bullying goes unchecked
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Great place to work until you get bullied. Then there is NO support. Management jumps on board with the bullies and makes you look crazy. Any policies about workplace harassment are ignored. If you are a target, you might as well go away and get yourself healthy. They will NOT help the target and support the bullies by joining in the behaviour.
Cons
complete disregard for harassment policies
N/a
Clinical Observer & Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2017
Interesting research completed at one of the world's top hospitals and affiliated institutions. Opportunity to get published alongside some of the most brilliant university students, scientists, and physicians.
Great Atmosphere
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
I was a lab assistant for one of their PI's. The labs are state of the art, although it may vary among other labs. The people I worked with are open and friendly, and overall it was a great experience!
Good place to work if you don't work shift work
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2017
Lots of programs for work life balance and wellness, good food court, clean and convenient to get to. Many employee discounts available. Always felt secure on site when on shifts.
Good work life balance
Scientific Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2017
Good place to work for scientific research, has good work-life balance, but not much in terms of career progression or promotions. The benefits are good.
Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
I very much enjoy working here, daily. There is good team environment with managerial support. I find I am constant learning and bettering my practice - though this is usually self guided.
Fun and great people to work with
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
Great and awesome people I work for and support. The team that I am on is exceptional and easy going. I learn something new everyday and I am up for challenges any time.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
UHN is a great positive environment to work in. It provides and a great attitude towards in employees. I would recommend this employer to anyone looking for great environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

University Health Network Reviews by Location