University Health Network Employee Reviews

Fast fast heavy work load with a business type environment.
Gifts Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2018
A typical day to day routine would be to run reports for online donations as well as process donations from donors and issue receipts. My knowledge of how a hospital foundation supports the medical innovations that hospitals achieve grew immensely. the office was a very fast paced and there were constant deadlines needing to be met which was difficult to achieve sometimes due to donation volume and under staffing. Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of meeting the hospitals fundraising goal to allow the doctors in the hospital to take on new projects and innovating health care for patients.
Pros
Bonuses, free lunches and coffee.
Cons
Could not take vacation time between November and February.
nice atmosphere
Research Technician I/II (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2018
nice place to work at, good working atmosphere. great working culture. over all nice place, does have bit of mis-communication between the departments, that sometime leads to deal in work done.
Nice and professional workplace
Administrative and Research Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2018
I just volunteered there.
Nice people; My coordinator was an awesome person.
good facilities for employees, like gym room.
Lots of patients. Busy.
Made good friends from diverse areas- OT, social workers.
Felt like a big family
Executive Assistant to the EVP & CBO (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2018
I really enjoyed my time at UHN. I had left my previous employer for a better opportunity and thought that UHN was the perfect fit for me. Unfortunately that time was short lived as I was laid off due to restructuring. It was a great opportunity to gain more responsibility and learn more about the healthcare/hospital system. Enjoyed working in the corporate office, everyone was helpful and kind.
Pros
Helpful staff, takes time to answer questions
Cons
Restructuring, job loss
OK place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2018
It was an OK place to work. The salary and benefits were good, however management is the overall reason I left my position with UHN. Unfortunately managers lack education and real life experience (within the security department). They have not worked outside of the health care environment, and do not have any form of higher education, while many of their subordinates have university degrees, etc.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours, short notice for shifts
Friendly environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2018
I work casual and I like my schedule. Nice colleagues. The unit is not that heavy and I like to work for this company. The only reason I may leave is the commuit issue. Otherwise, I would never leave this company.
A great organization!
SENIOR CLINICAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
I am very honored and privileged to be employed with this organization. This organization develops the staff so they can work anywhere but treats so good that they do not want to leave.
Long hard days at work with amazing people
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2018
Working as a nurse there is a lot of paperwork and mediating between different members of the care team and patients. I expect UHN is no different in that it feels as though the nurses take a lot of the work with little say in the company. All of this having been said I had the opportunity to work with the most amazing men and women I have had the pleasure of meeting. they are always kind and helpful as can be, even when the work gets hard.
Pros
Co-workers
Positive Work Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2018
UHN is a great organization where Undergrad University students can gain excellent work experience under the influence of highly qualified Post-docs or doctors.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
no cons
great place to work
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2018
4 major hospitals in one, UHN is top notch in the country! It's a place one would like to work in for the lifetime of one's career. It offers great benefits for its employees but it also tends to be lacking in some of their needs; compassion, for example.
Pros
great benefits, good people to work with
Cons
wasteful with resources, cuts down good programs due to bad management
Productive and fun workplace
DB2 Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2018
- Good work balance
- Good management
- Collaborative environment with lots of opportunities to learn new technologies
- Strong research group with lots of initiative
Pros
Good team events
Cons
Salary/benefits not so competitive.
Patient Observer position
Patient Observer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2018
The manager was abusive and unprofessional. Literally bullies students. Very disappointing for such a big organization to have such people work for them.
Finance Analyst at Altum Health (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
Work from Mon-Fri with flexible time
Learning AR/AP skills
Friendly Environment
Get used to work under pressure and fast paced environment
Opportunity to grow
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
Great staff and very helpful. Great exposure for hospital setting if you aspire working in health field. You get the chance to do some secretarial job and admin job
Workplace culture
Finance Director - UHN Pharmacy, IPAC, PSI, MDRD (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
Workplace culture at this organization has been very different from now, and is deteriorating rapidly. In the last 3 years many people left organization, and this trends is accelerating.
great therapy team
Student Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada26 January 2018
assessments, evaluations, repeat. Heavy caseload, but staff is great at helping each other out. This hospital seemed to have really good work morale the time I was there.
Excellent hands-on experience
Clinical Nutrition Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
By shadowing different staff, I have gotten the chance to demonstrate skills in a real-life setting. Through UHN, I was able to experience what it is like to work with patients, conduct literature reviews, and use clic-oriented software (e.g. EPR).
good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
good place to work, learn and grow. good job security. depending on what area you work in, job advancement may be difficult. overall its a safe company
Long travel
Team Lead Evening shift (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario28 December 2017
Started from a temp. part time until I became a perm. fulltime. Learned a lot from the in service and 2x a year educational day that my department has. I was the very first junior staff that ever held a team lead position. Hardest part of the job was uniting the staffs for a common goal and that is for patient's well being. Managed to bring the staffs together and voice out our concerns.
Pros
more staffs
Cons
personal conflict
Medical Lab assistant , with good atitude ,and love
Medaical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
Great opportunity to work as a Lab assistant help people with love , and compassion .
Love , and compassion is my nature to deal with any problem .
I m a mother of one child , and a grand mother too .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

University Health Network Reviews by Location