University Health Network
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

University Health Network Employee Reviews

Canada203 reviews

It was a professional and friendly environment to work.

I was a home transcriptionist for over 20 years so you actually work at your own pace typing for various doctors. The hardest part of the job was if English is not their first language, so it could be difficult to understand certain words. Another problem was if the doctor was recording using a speaker sometimes words could be missed.

Don’t even consider

If you care about patients being taken care of, if you really want to do good quality work don’t even consider UHN.Working conditions are poor and after COVID 19 you get to do your job and the job of 10 more people working from home 100% and never showing up to work.

Pros

Cannot see any

Cons

Very long hours

Insights into University Health Network

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Passionate and kind coworkers, innovative workplace

UHN has good quality healthcare. Its staff are mostly really nice, passionate, collaborative, and hardworking. You can have a gym pass, and other great perks. Working downtown can be inconvenient when you are driving.

Pros

Culture, awesome team of executives, the opportunity to help patients

Cons

Patients can be rude, COVID was a difficult time to work

A good place to work

good place to work, salary is on the low side. No opportunity for growth within the company unless you apply for other positions. Hours can vary, some co workers are very competitive and sometimes can micromanage which is irritating.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

low pay

Great workplace

Great workplace environment. Lots of opportunity for career advancement. You learn a lot in a short amount of time. It's a lot to take in but worth it in the long run

Not better than before.

Management system not so good. Not better than before. Really very busy each working day.People there without passions.Each department really different.

Supportive work environment

Supportive team, considerate with flexibility/working from home, good management, easy to access with public transit, friendly co-workers, appropriate workload, high turnover

Good place to start off in the hospital field

I enjoy helping people and work with great doctors, nurses and admins. Pay isn't the best and management can definitely improve but overall I enjoy working there.

Pros

room for growth, good vacation time

Cons

low pay, management needs improvement

Best place I’ve worked at so far

I’ve been very fortunate here, and I’ve been at the Covid assessment center, the Medical Day Unit, and Minor surgeries, and I have been around so many friendly people, who truly enjoy their jobs, and have a passion for it. This dedicated to patient care. I’ve been under the wings of many, and I always felt safe to ask questions. Management has been nothing but amazing to me. My first manager gave me great references to help get me into my second unit. Where this manager was so helpful and worked around my school days. My unit manager listens to employee concerns, and is very rational and fair. It’s been wonderful to be able to work with such an amazing group of people. Again I have been very luck to be where I am. I’m not sure that all the units have this same experience, but the places that I have worked within have been absolutely amazing.

Toxic work culture

Horrible work environment. Toxic workers and environment. HR doesn’t help. Lots of sudden job loss due to program closures. Union is useless and simply a waste of money

Pros

Pension plan

Cons

Useless union. Toxic staff. Incompetent management

Great place to work, wonderful people

Other than the low pay, I love working here. The people are great, I've learned so much and everything is genuine. Simply cannot afford to work here anymore with rising costs.

Great place to grow

I worked with really great people and had an amazing teamIt's a fast paced environment with high-volume workload Poor management with no supportWork-life balance was great

It was good, but a little disorganized in training. The team members made up for it for being helpful and friendly.

As a data entry clerk, some days are busy and some days are very slow. Microsoft Teams is used to communicate with team members and have meetings. Everyone is very nice and helpful.

Pros

You get your own cubicle

Cons

Long hours, no benefits

Great place to grow, lots of support in terms of learning job duties

Onboarding and training process help prepare you for your role depending on which department you join. Management is professional and supportive. Co-workers are very nice and help you out if needed.

Pros

Benefits, vacation time, sick time, management

Cons

workload

Negotiate your salary right from beginning. Otherwise, your salary will only be increased in two years and only between 1.5% to 3% max

Poor senior management Toxic environment Management is not flexible Retention rate is very low Low pay salary increase is only in 2 years (HR Policy)

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Not paid enough

Management isn’t good

Management isn’t good.People and organization overall are great!Nepotism is very huge and it appears some departments are an old boys club. Management needs more representatives from other areas of the community.

Pros

Some staff

Cons

no room for growth, low pay, good place to start career

It is a good place to start working from but there is little room for growth! The pay is below the average and you do not get any benefit unless you are a permanent employee.

Pros

work-life balance discount on some shopping

Cons

no room for growth no benefit if you are on contract no opportunity for learning new technology

Toxic and unsupportive work environment

Incredibly toxic and stressful environment environment with very little support or sense of being valued. Senior staff are pushed out the door and they hire new graduates who have little to no experience (so they can pay them the minimum and burn them all out with the work demands). Do not take a job here unless you are truly desperate or wanting to use it as a short term stepping stone to something better. The program has been completely mismanaged. Google the Toronto Star article before considering a job here.

Pros

Experience and mid-range pay and benefits

Cons

High stress, low autonomy, high rates of burnout, and employee dissatisfaction, no support for professional education

bad management

all around bad leaders in management, very forceful, not compassionate, not reasonable with work load. No paid sick days for part time employees. benefits are ok.

real sense of purpose for our work in delivery valve to patient health

A very rewarding place to work. Everyone is dedicated to bring something to the table where ideas are appreciated and discussed and the focus is on the patients welfare.

Pros

Sense of purpose, great coworkers

Cons

pay not competative with industry standard, administration can be difficult to deal with

Good work place

I can not say more because l am new and also a contract staff, for now I am at home because I was positive for covid-19.They're looking for a new long term Care home for me to work.University health Network is a good place to work if you are staff, the work environment is clean and the staff are always helpful.They provide the appropriate personal protective equipment for the safety of their staff and patients.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Normal hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement