University Health Network Employee Reviews

OK place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2018
It was an OK place to work. The salary and benefits were good, however management is the overall reason I left my position with UHN. Unfortunately managers lack education and real life experience (within the security department). They have not worked outside of the health care environment, and do not have any form of higher education, while many of their subordinates have university degrees, etc.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours, short notice for shifts
A great organization!
SENIOR CLINICAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
I am very honored and privileged to be employed with this organization. This organization develops the staff so they can work anywhere but treats so good that they do not want to leave.
Long hard days at work with amazing people
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2018
Working as a nurse there is a lot of paperwork and mediating between different members of the care team and patients. I expect UHN is no different in that it feels as though the nurses take a lot of the work with little say in the company. All of this having been said I had the opportunity to work with the most amazing men and women I have had the pleasure of meeting. they are always kind and helpful as can be, even when the work gets hard.
Pros
Co-workers
Positive Work Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2018
UHN is a great organization where Undergrad University students can gain excellent work experience under the influence of highly qualified Post-docs or doctors.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
no cons
great place to work
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2018
4 major hospitals in one, UHN is top notch in the country! It's a place one would like to work in for the lifetime of one's career. It offers great benefits for its employees but it also tends to be lacking in some of their needs; compassion, for example.
Pros
great benefits, good people to work with
Cons
wasteful with resources, cuts down good programs due to bad management
Productive and fun workplace
DB2 Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2018
- Good work balance
- Good management
- Collaborative environment with lots of opportunities to learn new technologies
- Strong research group with lots of initiative
Pros
Good team events
Cons
Salary/benefits not so competitive.
Patient Observer position
Patient Observer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2018
The manager was abusive and unprofessional. Literally bullies students. Very disappointing for such a big organization to have such people work for them.
Finance Analyst at Altum Health (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
Work from Mon-Fri with flexible time
Learning AR/AP skills
Friendly Environment
Get used to work under pressure and fast paced environment
Opportunity to grow
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
Great staff and very helpful. Great exposure for hospital setting if you aspire working in health field. You get the chance to do some secretarial job and admin job
Workplace culture
Finance Director - UHN Pharmacy, IPAC, PSI, MDRD (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
Workplace culture at this organization has been very different from now, and is deteriorating rapidly. In the last 3 years many people left organization, and this trends is accelerating.
great therapy team
Student Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada26 January 2018
assessments, evaluations, repeat. Heavy caseload, but staff is great at helping each other out. This hospital seemed to have really good work morale the time I was there.
Excellent hands-on experience
Clinical Nutrition Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
By shadowing different staff, I have gotten the chance to demonstrate skills in a real-life setting. Through UHN, I was able to experience what it is like to work with patients, conduct literature reviews, and use clic-oriented software (e.g. EPR).
good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
good place to work, learn and grow. good job security. depending on what area you work in, job advancement may be difficult. overall its a safe company
Long travel
Team Lead Evening shift (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario28 December 2017
Started from a temp. part time until I became a perm. fulltime. Learned a lot from the in service and 2x a year educational day that my department has. I was the very first junior staff that ever held a team lead position. Hardest part of the job was uniting the staffs for a common goal and that is for patient's well being. Managed to bring the staffs together and voice out our concerns.
Pros
more staffs
Cons
personal conflict
Medical Lab assistant , with good atitude ,and love
Medaical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
Great opportunity to work as a Lab assistant help people with love , and compassion .
Love , and compassion is my nature to deal with any problem .
I m a mother of one child , and a grand mother too .
Productive workplace
MULTI-ORGAN TRANSPLANT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2017
I started my career at UH n and have had so much personal and professional growth. This hospital is amazing for ongoing education and teaching and I am so proud to have been able to learn so much during these 10 years here.
Great company in every aspect for its employees and clients and maintaining Canadian values of respect, dignity and equality.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  MSN ICU TWH26 October 2017
UHN is a great company with more than 18K multicultural employees and with great work ethics to allow employees work in proper team oriented climate to achieve patient centered care and in the mean time caring for the professional development, health safety and education of employees.
Pros
Respectful and motivating administration.
Cons
Not much
Productive , always rushed , push more and more work on employees then they can handle
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
Not all departments are the way my department is . Ive been with UHN almost 2 years and seen improvements to their cost and spending , but NO improvement to the way employees are treated , and the work expected just keeps shooting up. It is an unfair and unbalanced amount of hours divided between part time employees, and all staff feels as if we have NO voice .
Productive and Fun work place
Medical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
A lot of research is going on in TRI and it was exciting to be part of it. The work environment is relaxing but it also fosters to productivity and creativity.
Great research institution with talented employees
Research Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
UHN is a great place to work. The management is organized and friendly and they really care about their employees, and the culture is relaxed but hardworking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

University Health Network Reviews by Location