University Federal Credit Union

University Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

good culture
Personal Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX2 April 2018
good culture with room to advance, very sales focused, can advance fast if you are good at sales. Must meet monthly sales goals to be recognized. Benefits are really good.
Pros
fun, good culture
Cons
very sales focused
Great environment
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX27 March 2018
Probably the best place I've worked at during my entire professional career. Great management, great people, excellent culture and I love that they put the members first and strive to provide ways to help improve their lives. Super company.
Low pay
SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT24 September 2017
Honestly if I could go back in time and get a job somewhere else I would. They don’t pay fairly, management does not care if there are any problems at the branch.
Cons
Low pay, terrible management, terrible human recourses.
A great place to move up in the company
TELLER (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UT21 June 2017
I enjoyed my time at the UFCU, I worked with very motivated individuals which helped me want to move along with them. The most enjoyable part about the job is being able to help the members. This company is very ethical and makes it easy to work with. They truly care about the employees.
Pros
Lots of extra activites
Cons
Not having all the resourses you need to work on Satudays.
Great benefits but management is lacking
Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT9 May 2017
Great benefits but, management is lacking. More training could be used to promote a positive work environment. There needs to be a stronger focus on internal members as well as external members. People can be brilliant and at the same time not be able to promote a positive team.
Pros
Great retirement plan
Cons
People are put in position of power that have no people skills
Great company
MSR TELLER MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT14 April 2017
This is a great job to start your career of, lots of opportunity to grow and lots of support. They are very organized, and willing to work with students.
Great people, do run it like you're in high school.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT24 February 2017
It's a pretty conservative company, run it a little like high school and upper management definitely has it's favorites. Is a small institution so growth with in the company is very hard.
Pros
Members and employes
Cons
Upper manager.
Great Company
MSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UT3 January 2017
Great Company a lot of training and things to learn, but have a lack of how supervisor need to work with employees, too much drama, personal information and ego.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Supervisor need more training on how to work with employees.
Balanced work environment with steady laughs
Teller/ Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT10 October 2016
I loved the routine of the Credit Union in General, but I learned a lot about personal finances and would gladly encourage anyone to work for University Federal Credit Union. Management was great, always motivating and helpful with a good laugh each day. The hardest part of the job would probably be simply learning the job, but once learned it becomes a happy and easy process and enjoyable. I most enjoyed the education of all sorts each day and steady consistent work load. Challenging but never too stressful.
Pros
Great hours, steady work load, amazing benefits.
It's a good place to start.
Loan Officer / Funder (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT29 June 2016
Worked as Teller, Loan Processor and Loan Officer. You'd think I'd make a comfortable wage to earn a living with that much growth. However even as a loan officer I barely made $13/hr. Company should probably invest more in to people deciding who to invest money in or not.
Pros
Good Benefits, Consistent Hours, Paid Holidays
Cons
Low Pay, Under-qualified Management
Not for those who value integrity and ethics.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UT7 December 2015
It is a concern that a financial institution such as this is still in business in this day and age. Consumer protection regulations are scoffed at, policies are loose and there is no accountability from management and administration to ensure proper training is provided, the consumer is protected and laws are adhered to. Profitability is an integral part of any company but not at the expense of its customers and asking its employees to break the law. They foster an environment that refuses to take action on reports of discrimination, workplace violence and harassment. I fear for the entry level employees and the members.
Pros
Free lunches and gift cards.
Cons
Administration, ethics, professional sandards, pay, training, systems.
Senior Collector/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT29 September 2014
I loved this job. I worked with many great people. It was nice to have direct access to the executive branch of this company. The benefits were far!
great place to work
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT7 February 2014
The typical day as a teller consists or completing a large number of financial transactions for customers. The branch manager that i worked under was an amazing boss and a person that i have stayed in contact with years after i moved on from that job. The co-workers were great and we all had a lot of fun and enjoyed working together. The hardest and also the best part of the job are the customers. Working in customer service can be challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Grate people to work with and to work for.
Cons
Expensive healthcare.
Great atmosphere
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT25 September 2012
Typical day consisted of assisting managers with evaluations, payroll, and any other HR needs. Collected applications and logged them, performed phone and in person interviews. Conducted new hire orientation. Assisted with Benefits and Workers Comp. Management was amazing to work for, very flexible and understandng. Hardest part of the job was the pay. Most enjoyable part was the people and work atmosphere.
Great company to work for
Member Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT1 May 2012
Working with people is great, learning new things is also great. I love the people I work with, they are all fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.