Univeris

Univeris Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Univeris overall is balanced
The company business is good, but it need some changes. Productive workplace with a lot of learning experience. Provides supporting and inclusive environment. An excellent step in finance career.
Good technology with poor management
The work is reasonable and fair. However there is poor management and decision making. Job security is very low as it is a struggling sole proprietor and understandably, money and revenues are the BIGGEST deal for the company at this point. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.
People work in silos and rarely will you be assisted with anything.
Awkward environment
You learn a few things about Fintech industry, however, it's a very odd culture to understand. It's definitely a one man show when it comes to decision making. People are afraid to make decisions, unless they get the go ahead from one person.
Pros
Free fruits, and pop (if you're into that)
Cons
Culture, Management, Need more younger people
Great place to gain knowledge
Great working environment. Good mix of new grads and experienced staff which gives rise to new innovative ideas and platform to gain good knowledge of the Wealth Management Industry.
Good place to work and learn about the industry
A typical day at work:
- Talking with clients

- Meeting with CS, Marketing, and Sales in order to know where the product needs to go

- Scrum ceremonies

- Manage the Product's Backlog

- Meetings

I have learned how to deal with completely different clients and

also how to deal with other areas of the company (like Sales or CS).

The most enjoyable part of the job is every Demo, when we show what the team committed in that Sprint, and also when the clients thank us for the great work.
Pros
Talented people
Cons
Too many process, struggling to be full agile.
Good
Good work environment. Free perks. Great work colleagues. A diverse work place with an open concept office to interact freely. A typical fintech company to grow with
Good
Terrible
Terrible place to work
Horrible management

Zero Communication

Outdated Technology

I would never recommend anyone to work in this place.

They don't care about you.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Bad place to work
Terrible place to work
Univeris is plagued with issues...there is very little respect for work life balance, for normal human courtesies and there is extremely high turnover.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
long hours, weak management
Good technology
The software is industry leading which makes makes customers happy. More point solutions could widen the spectrum of clients. Good place to work if you are independent and a self starter
Univeris Corporation
Excellent work environment -results focused employees -family environment -trusts employees with tasks -Lots to learn -great insight into financial back office/mid office ware.
Limited career mobility (it's a small company).
Freedom and flexibility at work place
This is a typical small firm workplace. There are about 100 employees. The work environment is pretty flexible and friendly.

There arent much processes though. If you are very hard worker, sometimes you may feel there isnt enough processes to acknowledge your accomplishments. Similarly, if you are a lazy person, you can get away with that too. I wish they had better performance measurement process and stronger middle management.

But, overall, its a good company to work.
Pros
freedom and flexibility at work place
Cons
weak processes
Fast paced and objective driven environment
A solution focused & product driven environment with proven ability to always delivery on its promises to clients.
The management team is very knowledgeable and hard working hence setting the bar high for all employees.

A typical day at work is reviewing current status of active projects, working on upcoming opportunities (estimation, proposals, solution reviews), attending steering committee meetings with clients, guiding team members when faced with decision points, attending stand up meetings with project teams internally and collaborating with Account Management and Sales teams to build pipeline & continue strengthening relationships with customers.

Hardest part about my job is to align each client's unique culture & environment with an internal standard process that works for all effective and efficiently.

The best part about my job is that I get to be involved in and learn from every aspect of running a successful organization that includes (RFP process, solution selling, solution design, development, project management, delivery, release managements, support, marketing, account management, team building, coaching, budgeting, forecasting & etc.)
Pros
Flexible hours
A great place to work
At Logitech, I was exposed to many other technology and worked with many international government regulatory and compliance engineering firms. I did a lot of travel and learned a lot from many great minds about both our technology and that of the clients as we did many project for our major clients. I was at the only one in my department but soon had about 5 staff under me us we grew. Management were very professional and helpful. One of the things I loved the most about Logitech was that, management was always gave me the opportunity to grow, try new ideas and worked very well with me. There was never a dull moment and everything was very transparent. Interactions with other department was very good and therefore, none was fearful of their job. There was a strong team spirit and camaraderie. When the company decided to close Logitech Canada and relocate to the US and Sweden, that was the hardest time for me and for all of us. The most enjoyable part was when I became the first to combine 7 different technologies under one UL and CE license ever. I was very happy and humbled when our CEO announced and gave me a bonus and plaque.
Very stable client base and very smart people to work with
Great place to learn front, mid and back office functions of retail wealth management technology solutions.
Perfect example of agile development
Univeris has a typical agile developmental approach for each and every project. It is a very fast paced environment with great team and full management support. It is a fun place to work at.
Lerning much about their software platform
Head-Hunted
Downtown - 6-2 daily

mananged conference calls and outstanding events from such.
Pros
hours