Univar Employee Reviews

Great company to grow with
Forecster Alberta and British Columia (Former Employee) –  CA15 August 2018
Very structured and with a great vision. Room to grow and welcoming to multi cultural employees. Developed lifelong friendships and learned a lot in regards to my field.
Good company to work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 January 2018
Good place too work with friendly management and decent wage.
I was looking forward to advancing within the company but did not get the chance to stay with the company long enough because of an incident that happened with my wife sick and missed 2 days in a row..
working in warehousing for 9 months and counting
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON23 December 2017
Great people , easy work and decent compensation.

My co workers make me feel like family

Wing cookouts , fish frys, thanksgiving and christmas lunches.

Went from a temp to hired contract in 5 months. Benefits package is great .

Not sure if we get bonuses or anything yet

best place ive ever worked hands down.
Pros
best co workers ive ever had, best boss, great lunches
Cons
long hours in the spring during chemical / seed season but the OT is worth it.
People seem to love it
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 December 2017
I have only worked there for 6 months as a co-op student. Everyone works there seem to really like the management. Turn over rate is really low. It's a good place to start and build a career
Really organzied work culture and positive environment
Accounts Payable Assistant (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 November 2017
Really organized work culture and positive environment. Proper hierarchy within the organization. Good mix of experienced and young professionals. Healthy work culture .
Positive workplace with manageable workload
Temporary Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
A typical day for me at Univar included data entry, emailing and conversing over the phone with customers and other departments, and dealing with truck drivers at reception. I learned a lot about office administration (i.e. filing, faxing). I was always treated with respect by my supervisors and coworkers. Univar has a very positive workplace culture.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally provided
Cons
Office could get cold sometimes
great atmoshphere
Shipper Receiver / Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 September 2017
great people and atmosphere learned lots about the seed and chemical side everyday was different and as long as you did your job you were never hassled
stay Away
not to be mentioned (Current Employee) –  Quebec9 September 2017
stay away... no job advancement...upper management work with one eye open, one eye closed....most employees are not appreciated.... i would suggest to stay way ....
International Company
Customer Service Specialist/Supply Planner/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 August 2017
Univar has been a great place to work, the staff at the Grande Prairie location is very friendly, supportive, and easy to work with. The company has good training and very safety oriented.
Good
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 July 2017
good place to work. decent wage , Good management , good co-workers, decent benefits , I enjoy my job there. But I find there is favoritism and the wage increases are very small. Good bonus program. all and all a pretty good company but would like to relocate to slave lake. ab or Edmonton. ab, to be closer to family and friends.
Productive and fun workplace
Credit and AR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2017
Univar is a great company to work for , great place, great people and great benefits.great work and life balance can be maintained working for this organization.
Fast paced, sales oriented with opportunities for advancement
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC4 January 2017
Univar Canada is a fantastic school. If a person is willing to learn and eager to participate there will be plenty of opportunities to shine. Customer Service is considered the heart of the organization. The hardest part of the job would have to be relying on other departments to do their parts with as much enthusiasm as you do.
The most enjoyable part is definitely the people. The friends you make are friends you will keep for life.
Pros
Advancement possibilities
Cons
far from home
Environement productif
Représentante Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC18 October 2016
Le travail était agréable et les clients très sociables. Les possibilités d'avancement sont nulles.
Pros
Excellente communication entre département
Cons
Aucune possibilité d'avancement
Great work environment and positive colleagues
Employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2016
Great work environment everyday is different. The people you work with are enthusiastic about their work. We service many different industries which make it multi-faceted and allows an opportunity for growth.
Good company
Cash Application Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 March 2016
Offers continuing education and good opportunities for advancement, great people and an open and accepting corporate environment, I highly recommended working at Univar if the opportunity presents itself.
tres bonne environnement du travail
camionneur (Former Employee) –  Simard, QC9 December 2015
respect des employer, la sécurité avant tout et applique très bien les loi face à la route = transport, et respect et application des règles à suivre pour chaque compagnie ou la livraison s’effectue.
Great job
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 October 2015
I love working for this company. Great benefits; excellent equipment; fun activities like golf tournament, summer BBQs, and Christmas party; and great people
Overall was a very special place to work.
Operations Manager, Southern Alberta (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta12 October 2015
Univar Canada was a great company to work for, 28 out of the 31 years of service. The last 3 years were challenging as new management was introduced bringing along new work ethics. Univar was a fun place to work and my colleagues worked very hard. A Typical day of work started of with a walk through the facility ensuring safety protocols were being followed and any issues employees had. from that I was involved in many meetings with managers,contractors and suppliers.
Pros
Just all in all a very good company to be associated with
Cons
long hours at times
Great Place To Work
WAREHOUSEMAN (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 September 2015
This company respect for their employees. Lots of extracurricular incentives. Great Staff. Great management. Multibillion dollar business
Excellent working environment with friendly colleagues
General Ledger Accountant (UK) (Former Employee) –  Bradford, UK2 July 2015
This probably has been the highlight of my career of 19 years. Univar provides excellent culture to its employees where they feel very comfortable to work. Due to excellent hygiene factors, employees feel obliged to contribute not only towards day to day tasks but also strive towards continuous improvement. There is very healthy worker-management relationship where workers like to contribute without any pressure from their management. Workers are encouraged to share their ideas in order to improve the work and working conditions.
Pros
Next to gym, Discount on gym membership, close to local amenities
Cons
Very long hours at SAP implimentation