Univar Solutions

Univar Solutions Employee Reviews

Canada47 reviews
Sad to see the demise of what was once a great company run by great leaders and management
New CEO is slowly ruining this company and dismantling the Canadian culture
Good people to work with but the managment leave a lot to be desired. If you don't mind being fed a line of crud, with promisses that never come to fruition then give it a try.
I worked for univar for almost ten years with numerous issues . I was being bullied at work which was from two other ladies I never brought up there issues but these two women did . I was in a very bad abusive relationship and my father took his life so I went on stress leave for two weeks and got fired . I would never recommend the company to anyone . Numerous people have been written up for no reason !
The Team is great to work with. I believe that some standard work procedures need to be updated and their overall operating system needs to be updated asap
A very productive place to work. A large company in a large industry. Once hired a comprehensive benefits package was provided. The facilities seemed to improve every month or so.
J'ai travaillé 13 année, bonne compagnie, perdu contrat.
Started with Univar Winnipeg in 1999 and worked till I retired in 2013.
This company was a great place to work with all people getting along and looking out for each other and management got involved with all workers as in taking the time to just have a conversation about you and your family, and relay took a interest in what you had to say. I was there long enough to see this company change hands four times and with each change there were changes in procedures and management and with each change was a lose of that family feeling we had at first and by the time I left it was not as enjoyable anymore because we were owned by a large numbered company and were run by a board of directors that was only interested in the bottom line,but times change and so do workplace polices but it is still a great place to work but just not the same.
I know that when you need a job, you need a job!. But, in this one I felt myself so sad that I've decided to be unemployed than working there...good wage, good benefits, easy job. Terrible senior co-worker and miserable poor management, though. That is what you are going to find there, no matter how good or experienced you are. Good luck!
I loved working at Univar. It felt like we were our own little family most of the time. The enjoyment of an actually employment opportunity where you have so many people who ended up sharing a lot of similar interests was a plus. A lot of the staff would be willing to help out if ever there was a time you needed a hand. To this day, I still am in contact with people from here from the friendships created
would never ever work there ever! Training was read the MSDS.... follow the msds..../ except when we need it now. Then just get it done. People who work hard are expected to cover for the lazy ones!
Put an application in and find a good paying career with room to grow. Team spirited atmosphere, you can't possibly have all the knowledge that you will need, but the team effort and spirit is all for one and one for all.....
Pay is fair. Some perks but no room for Advancement. Even HR is a Temp. Management is AWFUL. (Dishonest mostly) Above "Great Reviews" just damage control. They just recycle people until your contract is up. Word is out in Tillsonburg and surrounding area about this place
talk a lot about safety but when push came to shove, safety was thrown out the window, just get the job done. No thank-you for going above and beyond.
Good logistics solution but limited vision by management. Profit driven to make it on their employees backs rather than good business practice and strategic moves.
The last of the super companies good benefits and excellent salaries well managed that's why their still in business.i worked for this company for over 36years never had a problem retired in 2017 sorry to have left the one of a kind company
Amazing people except for Management. Executive team and upper management typical old boys club without any female representation and diversity. Micromanagers.
Support staff was amazing.
-Very high pace environment
-Daily customer interaction

-Learn about different industries which we sell to

-Promotes team work environment

-Great benefits

-KPI's that we are given can sometimes be a bit excessive
Compagnie qui n'a pas encore compris que les employés sont le principal atout pour assurer une croissance durable. Vision à très courts termes, culture de promotion des employés strictement au mérite, sans tenir compte des compétences et aptitudes pour le poste éventuel. Aucune conciliation travail-famille. Belles valeurs seulement sur papier.
Univar used to be a good place to work for. It is now, perhaps, somewhere that can give you some experience so you can leave to go to a real company.
Everyone says great things about you on your face and then trash you behind your back.

Working there is becoming each day more and more stressful.

Management in Alberta is a boys club. They only care about themselves and their big bonuses.

Sales team complains, but they are really well taken care of.

All the other departments that support sales are treated like we are doing them a favour.

Yes, we do get a yearly bonus! Yay! But that's not enough for 2 weeks' grocery; people in sales can make at least half of your yearly salary just in bonus - not to mention that their fixed salary is above most everyone else's.

Horrible culture, extreme low morale, REALLY underpaid. Can't wait to find anything else.

They bragged themselves about job stability, even though they paid less than the market. This is no longer true and they keep with the low salaries!!
Looking for something new and challenging need to spread my wings and learn new skills would like something closer to home but other than that everything is great
Overall good experienced gained at this organization. Employees were great to work with and over the years a good dynamic was created in the office. Good place to start your career to learn the basics of any business.
Pros
time flexibility
Cons
very fast paced environment