Unity Health Toronto

Unity Health Toronto Employee Reviews

Working with the ICAP has provided opportunities for spiritual growth, emotional growth and advocating for the Indigenous Community. It has been a wonderful experience with many learning opportunities. The ICAP is truly inspiring.
Poor management and senior management. They advance their own careers. Not much room to advance as a frontline clinician. Some teams are great to work with, others not so much. Needs an overhaul of the various levels of management. Toxic environment with current management in place.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
A great workplace, everyone is too dedicated. Staff are loyal to the hospital. Very supportive. Lots of continuous learning and development. Sustainable job.
vary dangerous place to work. Management does not stand behind you nor do they care if you are injured or need help. the hospital needs a management overhaul. The turn over is huge so you dont really get to know the people there.
Cons
poor management, dangerous, stressfull
the most enjoyable part of the job is their paperless documentation system. Although patients do have paper chart, everything is available on their online work station. New doctor orders or changes can be made quicky so if you work here, make sure to keep checking in a timely manner.
Working part -time would love to expand my hospitality skills further. Presently working part-time as a medical clerk and a temp agency for hospitality placements.
Pros
Food is love
Cons
Part-time
I did my clinical placement at st. Joseph's Health Centre Toronto as Medical Laboratory Technologist. It was good working environement. I loved people working there and there was enough break. I also heard there are enough training for new staffs. There are free food often too :D
Pros
Enough break and nice people
Cons
too many casual people
Working with nurses and clinical members in the NICU and Labour and Delivery unit. It was essential to work as part of the team to achieve our goals in a very busy environment. There was always a happy atmosphere working with several different cultures and backgrounds. The most enjoyable days would be when our sick babies would be discharged to go home. The most difficult days would be when one of our babies suffered complications and did not make it. We all felt the loss and helped support each other through it. The management team were very supportive and offered an "an open door policy" throughout the hospital.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Working in a safe and friendly environment
Cons
12 hour shift work. Working on holidays. eg. Christmas Day
Hands on environment that helped create understanding for ongoing medical problems. Strong culture established from top of management which lead to strong work ethic.
I personally feel it is great to serve in such type of organization. Where work place isdecent nice wellfare good management team work exist and good all benefit are given to guard. I feel this is good salary offered so far i have seen. I feel jappy to work in jospital meeting different people serving patients. It is an golden opportunity to join such good organization. Thankd.
Pros
not needed
Cons
not problem
I enjoyed volunteering for the hospital and all the people I was able to help on a daily basis I learned a great deal about customer service, retail, and cash training. I was taught how to manually balance a till, open and close the shop as well as manage the shop on my own for multiple hours at a time. The hardest part of the job was getting close to the amazing people from the hospital and not being able to assist them more I loved every part of the job !
Pros
the lovely people
Cons
nothing
I think providence is a very special place to work, again I cannot empesive how good Providance take care and look out for their stall. I feel so proud when I walked down the hallway to call providence home away from home. It is a spectacular place to work, you learn something new everyday, for that I am grateful to be on staff.
Pros
They provide a learning environment for both students and staff.
very organized and they give importance about the safety practice of all employees as well as their values. most fulfilling part of being a volunteer is that I am able to learn and help the elderly without expecting in return.
Trend to get rid of workers once they're a bit older and replace them with younger ones. Management lacks knowledge and skill to be able to do a proper job. They cave into pressure to replace older workers with younger ones.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Once you're in your fifties you may be out of a job.
Great Healthcare professionals. Team work 100% experienced and observed. Always observe compassionate care given to residents. Management very nice to staff. Typical day at work....beautiful What I have learned....every resident is unique and needs care towards their specific lifestyles/health. Management...fair, polite, always trying to do better for both staff and residents. co-workers....wonderful people hardest part of my job....good question most enjoyable part of my job...interacting with residents
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Great place to work. Employees opinions are valued. Leaders work along side you and care. They want to do what is right and not just do what has been done for 20 years because that is the way it is. This organization places value on those working here, the community it serves and wants to make it a better place to work
As a nursing student I learned a lot about rehabilitation and stroke management. Staff members are helpful. I had opportunity to learn nursing skills. good management
Our practice was very good organized and it gave me a lot of new skills and experience. Staff nurses were very helpful and friendly. Feedback from our clinical instructor was constructive and positive. We were working on the floor and had conference after that. It was discussions of all what we did during the day plus some new knowledge which we obtained from books, articles, internet research. Everything was produstive and very good for educational process. Atmosphera in the facility is always important for students' pratice. Most important that we got feeling that we belong there yet we can have help when it needed. This was my very good clinical practice in one of the best hospitals of Toronto.
Pros
Excellent expirience
Cons
Very challenging, learn to deal with diversity, enjoy working with upper management respect subordinates and vice versa. projects such as isolation clean up but serving patient, public, visitors and staff.
I currently still work here. All the staff are great, and supportive of higher learning. It is a very close -knit floor, but also welcoming to new staff on the floor.
Pros
Opportunity for higher education
Cons
difficult to get a full time position
People in the organization are by and large friendly and helpful until management decides to side with their own assistants and disregard human resources issues. Poor senior management and support, no accountability mechanism and highly political.
Pros
Nice community, some very good RNs, staff and patients
Cons
Long hours, poor management, toxic environment, poor pay in relation to work hours