Unity Health Toronto

Unity Health Toronto Employee Reviews

Canada144 reviews
Friendly co-workers
I had very good time working with the Orthopaedics department, the nurses were very friendly and cooperative when it came to asking questions and understanding to learn tasks.
Great Teaching Experiences
The value in patient care was a prime focus. Working within an interdisciplinary team brought much knowledge to the practices. Making experiences and memories.
General Opinion
a typical day at work was hectic
DIdn't learn much on the job

Management is not accommodating nor staff friendly

hardest part of job was meeting the hygienic needs

Best part was watching the progress improving
Cons
On your feet for a very long time and bath heavy patients alone
Good place bad management
People are handed picked for promotions/roles instead of based on merit.
Typical work
- Routine data extraction, cleaning and reporting using clinical data system
- Special projects to analyze performance improvement or process change

- Generate yearly performance score cards
Productive fast paced environment
Perfect for those who love a fast paced environment and enjoy keeping busy. I had an amazing experience and would recommend. The Family Health team was fantastic!
Pros
Great deal of independence
Cons
lots of caseloads= quick burnout if not managed correctly
No business acumen, no vision, no respect for the employees working in the procurement department. Employees working in the procurement department have no mark on anything they do, but they robotically execute the direction drawn by the department's management. No appreciation for the hard work, dedication or extra mile offered by the procurement specialists. The leadership of this department should be reshuffled as it's been forgotten in "position" from a long time and became obsolete, toxic, visionless and focused on the development of cliques and not teams.
From the procurement perspective, as long the actual procurement leadership in maintained, the ones who will suffer the most will be the hospital's patients. If the Sisters of St. Joseph (who founded the hospital) in 19th century could come to life, they would twist in their graves to see the dilettantes that run the procurement department and their leadership which has nothing to do with the hospital's vision and mission.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Rigid, no vision, clique oriented procurement management, slow pace environment, no mark on your work
Good hospital
The PARR was well run and friendly. Excellent staff and high professional standards. Great morale and team work. Well staffed even during evenings and weekends.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Loose adherence to mission
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Unity Health Toronto?
open and relaxed
During my time here I learned many things that can eventually help me grow and prosper in my future career, it was a very open and relaxed environment,
Very good work setting
I cleaned rooms, made beds. It was a housekeeping position. The hardest part of the job was watching the patients who were so terribly ill. Some of them had never left their bed for years. The best part of the job was that everyone was friendly. It was event enjoyable to joke around with some of the patients who were less ill.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Patients were very ill
unfortunately not a very dynamic place to work these days
A typical work day the majority of the time is short staffed. My current work area is just getting over a crisis with the previous manager of the area. She has been removed and a new Manager has taken over.

The hardest part of the job is to work hard and feel that it has not been recognized.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to work with supportive co-workers and to work as a team
Pros
the hospital has good compassionate staff in the religious support
Cons
very long hrs. caring for chronic patients
Productive and fun workplace, assisting patients attain their rehabilitation goals
Staff was always willing to help students that wanted to learn. Rehabilitation assistants and physiotherapists provided patients with excellent training and strengthening exercises. Loved the patients and the environment.
very interesting experience
I got to know what I really want to do in the future which is to be a nurse. I get to experience feeding adult people and sharing stories to them. I also was able to know the important role of being a nurse.
Pros
free food and beverage
Cons
sometimes it gets boring
excellent placement
Excellent placement,
Professional management, friendly staff.

Flexible work schedule.

Convenient public transportation, easy to go.

Delicious food in the cafeteria.
Loved this Place
I would never have left if I didn't have to leave the city of Toronto. Great culture, amazing co-workers trustworthy managers. I wish I could go back...
My years at SJHC was very rewarding accomplished a lot trained many technologists started as a senior tech with many in teaching in imaging
Every day can bring new challenges when working in the health care sector, with your knowledge and acquired skills you always have to be on the alert, be observant of your environment from a safety point of view and be mindful of your client's needs and at the end of the day you can feel a sense of accomplishment that you have help or assisted in helping in the well being of someone.
Pros
Always some new to learn
Cons
Very long and exhausting hours
Too much work for very low pay
They expect you to work a lot and pay a minimum. It is not accepted. I worked more as a administrator job than as a security guard job. Its really annoying at times
Pros
Meet people and was my own boss
Cons
long hours and boring stuff and low pay
Harmonious and peaceful environment.
I have been working with St. Joseph’s Hospital since 2016, first for my internship program and now as a volunteer. I serviced, installed, maintained and repaired all medical equipment including lab, diagnostic and electronic equipment safely and promptly, and have experienced performing incoming inspections and testing, and enjoyed working in a fast-paced settings. In addition, I have performed preventative maintenance tasks.
Contract Position
Friendly work environment, could be more advanced in terms of technology used. Hospital needs upgrades. The onboarding orientation was very well organized and HR is on top of everything.
Productive and a safe and positive environment to work. More equipment and supplies are in need for better patient. A more collaborative environment would be a plus.
Good
A separate group from the hospital. Not directly paid from the Hospital. Not apart of the Union. Pension starts right away, benefits after three months.
Pros
Culture, environment
Cons
no real job protection.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unity Health Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.
Unity Health Toronto Reviews by Location