Unity Health Toronto

Unity Health Toronto Employee Reviews

Canada144 reviews
Friendly co-workers
I had very good time working with the Orthopaedics department, the nurses were very friendly and cooperative when it came to asking questions and understanding to learn tasks.
A wonderful and fantastic opportunity to work here
Very invigorating place to work. Lots of learning and challenge. Dynamic environment and super workplace culture - inclusive and enjoyable. Definitely a place I would love to work at again.
Productive and Caring
St. Michael Hospital is known for Toronto's best acute care hospital, which carries many different interesting clinical cases with huge learning opportunities. Staff and colleagues bear St. Michael's vision and mission and they are caring, not only to patients, but also with each other.
Exciting and Productive work environment
A typical day consisted of at least 2 site evals and meetings with other department heads. Followed by phone calls to vendors and a few hours of emailing and paperwork.
Great Staff - I really enjoy working with such a smart and empathetic group of people
I work with a very caring and empathetic group of people. The educators are very involved and great with communication. I appreciate the doctors and allied health professionals. It is nice to work with such a smart group of people who all want to help one another.
Excellent Institution
An exciting and fast paced hospital that is patient-centred and implements high quality care. Many professional development opportunities made available to staff. Diverse clinicians with a commitment to helping patients.
It's a fun place to work at. The people are friendly and lend a helping hand.
Working at St. Michael's Hospital is very hectic, no time to get bored. This is the kind of job that I prefer, to be on the go.
The days go by fast - it's because I love the job that I do.
Student Placement
Overall, I had a great learning experience when I did my 150 hours placement at St. Michael's hospital. Most of the staff were very welcoming, willing to teach and guide me with all my assignments. The team was just a great pleasure to work with.
Excellent place to work at - family oriented atmosphere
Staff is a pleasure to work with. Hospital setting is excellent. Cafeteria has ample food varieties to choose from. Parking can become challenging at times but actual work environment is very good. Management and Directors are fair and there is ample room for advancement with any position in hospital.
Employee experience
Very mixed culture. Everyone is approachable, its ok to ask questions, great teamwork. I worked in many units in the hospital and enjoyed my time at each one.
productive and awarding to one. Very challenging and appreciative
Short staffed, often stressful/but competitive. One has to be able to work under a great deal of pressure and can be rewarding and appreciated. there are many positions to apply for
I have a great time working at St. Michael's Hospital
It was a great organization to work. The staff were very friendly. As a personal support worker i did work with Nurses, Doctors. X-Ray technicians, Laboratory technician, Pharmacy staff, Social workers, Physiotherapist, House keeping and other professionals worked as a team for one specific goal. Mostly i worked in emergency department where very sick patients are seen at the beginning before they were assigned to the room. We also received causality patients from all over Ontario as St. Michael's hospital is the regional trauma center. Depending on the level of trauma. sometimes it was very stressful.
Pros
No Free Lunch
Cons
I worked 12 hours Shift
High-paced environment
Overall a good workplace with excellent benefits. Multi-tasking abilities is a must have. Great feeling to be helping clients that truly appreciate one's efforts.
Emergency room
Really enjoy working at the hospital enjoyed the staff interesting people coming in, different types of issues and overall great experience learning about health care and knowledge of behind the front line
Great place to. Good morals and ethics
Amazing place to work. Great people. Great ethics and morals. I would recommend working here to anyone. St. Michael's has an amazing benefit package and they are always will to help you learn more.
Space environment
Space environment was small and tight. it wasn't cleaned as often and dusty. People use to get sick often there. The work environment was good meaning the people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cleaning at St Joes
Great job great people just the pay needs to be supplemented by another job in order to survive. Raises are a thing of the past. It’s a great first job to have but you’ll need another one and with the hours it’s hard to find something that will work with it
Working at St Joseph incomparsion to any hospital in brampton, the difference is, staff support staff...and the inviroment is less toxic.
Overall, working at St Joseph's Unity Center, patients Centre care are our focus. As a worker, I can say patients and families are happy with the overall quality care...from their physician and health care team, in a family-friendly environment. With that being said, I think there's room for improvement in some areas of care and behaviour of some health care providers.
Productive volunteer experience with the elderly
At Providence Healthcare I was trained by experienced staff members who were kind and informative about specific tasks we have to perform. Such as guiding the elderly to activities, feeding them, and perform tasks for them such as get them colouring books, bringing them bingo cards, etc. The workplace also held fun events for the elders such as dances and encouraged the volunteers to join which made it a more comfortable experience. The hardest part of the job would be when we difficulty calming down the elderly, however, it was fulfilling when we were able to successfully resolve their dilemmas. The most enjoyable part is learning about the elderly's life stories and learning to be patient and productive with the tasks at hand.
Great environment!
Had a blast, i thoroughly enjoyed my clinical experience here. The team was a blast to work with, co workers very helpful and always smiling. it was a pleasure working here and caring for the patients.
supportive staff and processes
welcoming and supportive environment. patient focused and inclusive environment for staff and patients. Continuous changes physical and organizational.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unity Health Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.
Unity Health Toronto Reviews by Location