Unity Health Toronto

Unity Health Toronto Employee Reviews

Working with the ICAP has provided opportunities for spiritual growth, emotional growth and advocating for the Indigenous Community. It has been a wonderful experience with many learning opportunities. The ICAP is truly inspiring.
Great place to work. Most people are crossed trained in both phlebotomy and Core Lab. There are 3 shifts. Day, evening and night shifts. In-patient as well as out-patient.
Challenging workplace with lots of turnover. Many very new staff. Little support or training provided. A few staff set a very poor tone for many of the others.
Very invigorating place to work. Lots of learning and challenge. Dynamic environment and super workplace culture - inclusive and enjoyable. Definitely a place I would love to work at again.
St. Michael Hospital is known for Toronto's best acute care hospital, which carries many different interesting clinical cases with huge learning opportunities. Staff and colleagues bear St. Michael's vision and mission and they are caring, not only to patients, but also with each other.
A typical day consisted of at least 2 site evals and meetings with other department heads. Followed by phone calls to vendors and a few hours of emailing and paperwork.
I work with a very caring and empathetic group of people. The educators are very involved and great with communication. I appreciate the doctors and allied health professionals. It is nice to work with such a smart group of people who all want to help one another.
An exciting and fast paced hospital that is patient-centred and implements high quality care. Many professional development opportunities made available to staff. Diverse clinicians with a commitment to helping patients.
Overall, I had a great learning experience when I did my 150 hours placement at St. Michael's hospital. Most of the staff were very welcoming, willing to teach and guide me with all my assignments. The team was just a great pleasure to work with.
Staff is a pleasure to work with. Hospital setting is excellent. Cafeteria has ample food varieties to choose from. Parking can become challenging at times but actual work environment is very good. Management and Directors are fair and there is ample room for advancement with any position in hospital.
Very mixed culture. Everyone is approachable, its ok to ask questions, great teamwork. I worked in many units in the hospital and enjoyed my time at each one.
It was a great organization to work. The staff were very friendly. As a personal support worker i did work with Nurses, Doctors. X-Ray technicians, Laboratory technician, Pharmacy staff, Social workers, Physiotherapist, House keeping and other professionals worked as a team for one specific goal. Mostly i worked in emergency department where very sick patients are seen at the beginning before they were assigned to the room. We also received causality patients from all over Ontario as St. Michael's hospital is the regional trauma center. Depending on the level of trauma. sometimes it was very stressful.
Pros
No Free Lunch
Cons
I worked 12 hours Shift
Overall a good workplace with excellent benefits. Multi-tasking abilities is a must have. Great feeling to be helping clients that truly appreciate one's efforts.
Really enjoy working at the hospital enjoyed the staff interesting people coming in, different types of issues and overall great experience learning about health care and knowledge of behind the front line
Amazing place to work. Great people. Great ethics and morals. I would recommend working here to anyone. St. Michael's has an amazing benefit package and they are always will to help you learn more.
Space environment was small and tight. it wasn't cleaned as often and dusty. People use to get sick often there. The work environment was good meaning the people.
Pros
Free lunches
Great job great people just the pay needs to be supplemented by another job in order to survive. Raises are a thing of the past. It’s a great first job to have but you’ll need another one and with the hours it’s hard to find something that will work with it
Overall, working at St Joseph's Unity Center, patients Centre care are our focus. As a worker, I can say patients and families are happy with the overall quality care...from their physician and health care team, in a family-friendly environment. With that being said, I think there's room for improvement in some areas of care and behaviour of some health care providers.
At Providence Healthcare I was trained by experienced staff members who were kind and informative about specific tasks we have to perform. Such as guiding the elderly to activities, feeding them, and perform tasks for them such as get them colouring books, bringing them bingo cards, etc. The workplace also held fun events for the elders such as dances and encouraged the volunteers to join which made it a more comfortable experience. The hardest part of the job would be when we difficulty calming down the elderly, however, it was fulfilling when we were able to successfully resolve their dilemmas. The most enjoyable part is learning about the elderly's life stories and learning to be patient and productive with the tasks at hand.
Had a blast, i thoroughly enjoyed my clinical experience here. The team was a blast to work with, co workers very helpful and always smiling. it was a pleasure working here and caring for the patients.
The value in patient care was a prime focus. Working within an interdisciplinary team brought much knowledge to the practices. Making experiences and memories.