Unity Health Toronto

Unity Health Toronto Pay & benefits reviews

Smaller community hospital with excellent physicians and staff. Pay and benefits are fair but not a lot of room for advancement. Some areas are very dated; facilities and equipment
A very multicultural work environment, with friendly staff and good management. Benefits are great and pay is good as well. There’s lots of room to excel and good part time job for students.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement and flexible schedules.
Cons
Takes lots of years to get a full time position
The culture of people at St. Joe’s is a nice culture. Staff are friendly and get along for the most part. The pay could be better, as everything else around us is inflating but the salary. It’s not conducive with the standard of living in the GTA.
Overall a good workplace with excellent benefits. Multi-tasking abilities is a must have. Great feeling to be helping clients that truly appreciate one's efforts.
Space environment was small and tight. it wasn't cleaned as often and dusty. People use to get sick often there. The work environment was good meaning the people.
Pros
Free lunches
Great job great people just the pay needs to be supplemented by another job in order to survive. Raises are a thing of the past. It’s a great first job to have but you’ll need another one and with the hours it’s hard to find something that will work with it
Excellent placement, Professional management, friendly staff. Flexible work schedule. Convenient public transportation, easy to go. Delicious food in the cafeteria.
They expect you to work a lot and pay a minimum. It is not accepted. I worked more as a administrator job than as a security guard job. Its really annoying at times
Pros
Meet people and was my own boss
Cons
long hours and boring stuff and low pay
A separate group from the hospital. Not directly paid from the Hospital. Not apart of the Union. Pension starts right away, benefits after three months.
Pros
Culture, environment
Cons
no real job protection.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Unity Health Toronto?
St. Joe's is a great place to work in. Amazing team and culture with many benefits and flex hours. Everyone is caring and helpful at the hospital. You will learn a lot on everyday basis.
Salary not as good but great benefits. Good work/life balance. Work load is very challenging but relationships with immediate boss and other colleagues are harmonious.
In simplest terms..if you don't suck up, you aren't going anywhere within the department or hospital setting, Management is clueless and delusional. Everybody thinks that they are the boss. Therefore, no communication is ever made and redundant mistakes always keep happening. It is pretty ridiculous what staff can get away with there. There is no control of the department. Period. The only bright side, I was always praised by nurses for my hard work, and for correcting other staff members mistakes.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of teamwork, favoritism, mentally and emotionally stressful as a result of poor management team
decent hours, decent pay, good training program, friendly environment. managers very approachable. i would still work there is i could get full time hours
I am doing volunteering at Providence Healthcare. It is a very good organization. I am learning many things from this organization which is related to my field.
Pros
No lunch provide
Cons
Hour is ok
Working with nurses and clinical members in the NICU and Labour and Delivery unit. It was essential to work as part of the team to achieve our goals in a very busy environment. There was always a happy atmosphere working with several different cultures and backgrounds. The most enjoyable days would be when our sick babies would be discharged to go home. The most difficult days would be when one of our babies suffered complications and did not make it. We all felt the loss and helped support each other through it. The management team were very supportive and offered an "an open door policy" throughout the hospital.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Working in a safe and friendly environment
Cons
12 hour shift work. Working on holidays. eg. Christmas Day
I personally feel it is great to serve in such type of organization. Where work place isdecent nice wellfare good management team work exist and good all benefit are given to guard. I feel this is good salary offered so far i have seen. I feel jappy to work in jospital meeting different people serving patients. It is an golden opportunity to join such good organization. Thankd.
Pros
not needed
Cons
not problem
The employees are pleasant to work with and the hospital is very organized since it is an older hospital. The building itself is very old so the air circulation or the look is not the greatest.
Pros
Good Pension, not-so-good health benefits compared to other businesses
Cons
Poor air circulation and older building
Front-line workers don't receive that much benefits as they should.
Pros
different entrances
Cons
no free-parking
The management was excellent and very supportive. Excellent benefits was given and the work environment was very friendly and exhibited a characteristic of team players.Good listener, and very helpful towards achieving assigned goal.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, less staff.