Unity Health Toronto

Unity Health Toronto Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Good Place to Work

Smaller community hospital with excellent physicians and staff. Pay and benefits are fair but not a lot of room for advancement. Some areas are very dated; facilities and equipment

A great place to work

A very multicultural work environment, with friendly staff and good management. Benefits are great and pay is good as well. There’s lots of room to excel and good part time job for students.

Pros

Lots of room for advancement and flexible schedules.

Cons

Takes lots of years to get a full time position

St. Joe’s is a great place to work

The culture of people at St. Joe’s is a nice culture. Staff are friendly and get along for the most part. The pay could be better, as everything else around us is inflating but the salary. It’s not conducive with the standard of living in the GTA.

High-paced environment

Overall a good workplace with excellent benefits. Multi-tasking abilities is a must have. Great feeling to be helping clients that truly appreciate one's efforts.

Space environment

Space environment was small and tight. it wasn't cleaned as often and dusty. People use to get sick often there. The work environment was good meaning the people.

Pros

Free lunches

Cleaning at St Joes

Great job great people just the pay needs to be supplemented by another job in order to survive. Raises are a thing of the past. It’s a great first job to have but you’ll need another one and with the hours it’s hard to find something that will work with it

Too much work for very low pay

They expect you to work a lot and pay a minimum. It is not accepted. I worked more as a administrator job than as a security guard job. Its really annoying at times

Pros

Meet people and was my own boss

Cons

long hours and boring stuff and low pay

Good

A separate group from the hospital. Not directly paid from the Hospital. Not apart of the Union. Pension starts right away, benefits after three months.

Pros

Culture, environment

Cons

no real job protection.

Great Place

St. Joe's is a great place to work in. Amazing team and culture with many benefits and flex hours. Everyone is caring and helpful at the hospital. You will learn a lot on everyday basis.

Work/life balance

Salary not as good but great benefits. Good work/life balance. Work load is very challenging but relationships with immediate boss and other colleagues are harmonious.

Not pleasant and very stressful

In simplest terms..if you don't suck up, you aren't going anywhere within the department or hospital setting, Management is clueless and delusional. Everybody thinks that they are the boss. Therefore, no communication is ever made and redundant mistakes always keep happening. It is pretty ridiculous what staff can get away with there. There is no control of the department. Period. The only bright side, I was always praised by nurses for my hard work, and for correcting other staff members mistakes.

Pros

good pay

Cons

lack of teamwork, favoritism, mentally and emotionally stressful as a result of poor management team

casual employee

decent hours, decent pay, good training program, friendly environment. managers very approachable. i would still work there is i could get full time hours

Fast paced and friendly

Working with nurses and clinical members in the NICU and Labour and Delivery unit. It was essential to work as part of the team to achieve our goals in a very busy environment. There was always a happy atmosphere working with several different cultures and backgrounds. The most enjoyable days would be when our sick babies would be discharged to go home. The most difficult days would be when one of our babies suffered complications and did not make it. We all felt the loss and helped support each other through it. The management team were very supportive and offered an "an open door policy" throughout the hospital.

Pros

Excellent benefits. Working in a safe and friendly environment

Cons

12 hour shift work. Working on holidays. eg. Christmas Day

good management nice environment better pay. team work. looking after emplyee. ganing hood experiences. employable work place.

I personally feel it is great to serve in such type of organization. Where work place isdecent nice wellfare good management team work exist and good all benefit are given to guard. I feel this is good salary offered so far i have seen. I feel jappy to work in jospital meeting different people serving patients. It is an golden opportunity to join such good organization. Thankd.

Pros

not needed

Cons

not problem

The employees are pleasant to work with and the hospital is very organized since it is an older hospital. The building itself is very old so the air circulation or the look is not the greatest.

Pros

Good Pension, not-so-good health benefits compared to other businesses

Cons

Poor air circulation and older building

It is a decent place to work.

Front-line workers don't receive that much benefits as they should.

Pros

different entrances

Cons

no free-parking

It was an excellent place to work: friendly, learnt a lot and improved my skills at work.

The management was excellent and very supportive. Excellent benefits was given and the work environment was very friendly and exhibited a characteristic of team players.Good listener, and very helpful towards achieving assigned goal.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

short breaks, less staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unity Health Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement