Unity Health Toronto

Unit Clerk3 reviews
Canada3 reviews

3.8Pay & benefits

Emergency room

Really enjoy working at the hospital enjoyed the staff interesting people coming in, different types of issues and overall great experience learning about health care and knowledge of behind the front line

Stay away from 2LM

Horrible experience. Hired to work in 2LM department. Insufficient training provided, processes are not properly explained. I was expected to know how to work alone in the unit after a week. I was made to feel incompetent for wanting more than 5 days training. Management is awful, including head nurse and senior admin staff. They will talk about your performance amongst themselves, in an in professional manner while you and others can clearly hear their conversation. Do not take notes to help you prepare because apparently that is wrong. I truly don’t think the staff even care about the patients they are supposedly taking care of. Any form of kindness or customer service skills you exhibit towards patients or their families was unwelcome. I learned after from other staff that this department has a problem holding on to their admin staff and it is clear why. I have many years experience in customer service based and management roles and this was the most horrendous job I have ever had.

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional management, insignificant training

Fast paced and friendly

Working with nurses and clinical members in the NICU and Labour and Delivery unit. It was essential to work as part of the team to achieve our goals in a very busy environment. There was always a happy atmosphere working with several different cultures and backgrounds. The most enjoyable days would be when our sick babies would be discharged to go home. The most difficult days would be when one of our babies suffered complications and did not make it. We all felt the loss and helped support each other through it. The management team were very supportive and offered an "an open door policy" throughout the hospital.

Pros

Excellent benefits. Working in a safe and friendly environment

Cons

12 hour shift work. Working on holidays. eg. Christmas Day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unity Health Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Unity Health Toronto with