Unity Health Toronto

Unity Health Toronto Employee Reviews for Student Nurse

I loved the staff and the environment. As a student they made me feel like I was part of their family and I learned a lot. Now that I have my license I would love to be part of the team and help people.
Staff was always willing to help students that wanted to learn. Rehabilitation assistants and physiotherapists provided patients with excellent training and strengthening exercises. Loved the patients and the environment.
It was a great pleasure to write few words for Providence Health care. As a Student Nurse, it was really a great place for me to learn some of the skills and techniques. I want to be a part of it.
the most enjoyable part of the job is their paperless documentation system. Although patients do have paper chart, everything is available on their online work station. New doctor orders or changes can be made quicky so if you work here, make sure to keep checking in a timely manner.
Great place to work. Employees opinions are valued. Leaders work along side you and care. They want to do what is right and not just do what has been done for 20 years because that is the way it is. This organization places value on those working here, the community it serves and wants to make it a better place to work
Our practice was very good organized and it gave me a lot of new skills and experience. Staff nurses were very helpful and friendly. Feedback from our clinical instructor was constructive and positive. We were working on the floor and had conference after that. It was discussions of all what we did during the day plus some new knowledge which we obtained from books, articles, internet research. Everything was produstive and very good for educational process. Atmosphera in the facility is always important for students' pratice. Most important that we got feeling that we belong there yet we can have help when it needed. This was my very good clinical practice in one of the best hospitals of Toronto.
Pros
Excellent expirience
Cons
I enjoyed doing my clinical placements at St. Joseph's. The staff was extremely helpful and they made it easy for us as nursing students to learn. A typical day was just coming in, researching on our patients and getting morning report. Duties included any care that was needed, medication administration, participating in rounds that took place for an hour in the morning and reporting to our instructor, nurse we were buddied with and the physician.
Pros
Very helpful staff
Cons
Other students from other schools, sharing patients.
7-730 getting reports for 5-6 patients730-1200 providing care to patients, administering medications, getting them ready for therapy, assisting with AM care.1200-1230 lunch1230-1500- doing other chores, like administering afternoon meds, answering call bellls, changing wound dressing, other medical procedures.I loved working at providence with the team, it was enjoyable and fun. The hardest part of the job was not getting paid because i was a student.
Pros
i loved working as a student nurse
Cons
not enough hours, no pay