Unity Health Toronto
View all Unity Health Toronto reviews

Unity Health Toronto

Unity Health Toronto Employee Review

St. Joe’s is a great place to work

The culture of people at St. Joe’s is a nice culture. Staff are friendly and get along for the most part. The pay could be better, as everything else around us is inflating but the salary. It’s not conducive with the standard of living in the GTA.

Same roleSame location

The environment was welcoming and friendly. Management has been pretty good so far and scheduling is flexible. Pay is decent, and there are opportunities to transfer within the company.
Same roleSame location

productive and great place to work

Great people to work with every day from 5;30am first kitchen shift all the way to 7;00pm when we closed the kitchen. Preparing breakfast, lunch & dinner trays , washing dishes cutlery pot pans trays, to porting the food trays.
Same location

Stay away from 2LM

Horrible experience. Hired to work in 2LM department. Insufficient training provided, processes are not properly explained. I was expected to know how to work alone in the unit after a week. I was made to feel incompetent for wanting more than 5 days training. Management is awful, including head nurse and senior admin staff. They will talk about your performance amongst themselves, in an in professional manner while you and others can clearly hear their conversation. Do not take notes to help you prepare because apparently that is wrong. I truly don’t think the staff even care about the patients they are supposedly taking care of. Any form of kindness or customer service skills you exhibit towards patients or their families was unwelcome. I learned after from other staff that this department has a problem holding on to their admin staff and it is clear why. I have many years experience in customer service based and management roles and this was the most horrendous job I have ever had.

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional management, insignificant training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unity Health Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Unity Health Toronto with