Unity Health Toronto

Unity Health Toronto Employee Reviews

Working with the ICAP has provided opportunities for spiritual growth, emotional growth and advocating for the Indigenous Community. It has been a wonderful experience with many learning opportunities. The ICAP is truly inspiring.
Some nice staff there, but a lot of unprofessional behaviour. Values do not align with their profession at all, half the staff is strained and stressed the other acts completely unprofessional, and unbecoming of the profession.
The work environment is challenging, fast paced and often times stressful. Staff can be challenging at times. Shifts are 12 hours but the benefit is you only work 2 weeks a month.
Poor conditions at the workplace. I felt that the time that I gave to the company was heavily undervalued. I was cast as aside for things that were beyond my control
I managed a fantastic dedicated IT support team, however, management was toxic! Played favorites, did not take recommendations for change or advise - insisted their way was the only way to do the job. Could not talk in what they considered brainstorming sessions, could only listen to the director and not provide any suggestions or even talk! I was hired to implement change and to revamp their systems, ended up managing a support team and had no real authority or support to implement change management or improvements
I had very good time working with the Orthopaedics department, the nurses were very friendly and cooperative when it came to asking questions and understanding to learn tasks.
Excellent workplace culture with approachable management and constant professional support. Great learning environment with great opportunities for professional growth.
Smaller community hospital with excellent physicians and staff. Pay and benefits are fair but not a lot of room for advancement. Some areas are very dated; facilities and equipment
I worked at St. Michael's Hospital for a year and it was a wonderful experience. Taught me a lot about time management and working as a team to get patients the best care possible. It is a wonderful institution to work for.
there is a work culture at SMH. It's basically a healthcare facility, therefore, it is complex and fast-paced. If you want to move up it can be difficult depending on many social and institutional factors.
A very multicultural work environment, with friendly staff and good management. Benefits are great and pay is good as well. There’s lots of room to excel and good part time job for students.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement and flexible schedules.
Cons
Takes lots of years to get a full time position
The culture of people at St. Joe’s is a nice culture. Staff are friendly and get along for the most part. The pay could be better, as everything else around us is inflating but the salary. It’s not conducive with the standard of living in the GTA.
I was a student at Providence Health so my experience was short but educational. The staff seemed friendly and helpful. I learned a lot and got to experience many different nursing aspects along side of my preceptor.
It is a daily challenge, tired of the long commute from home to work and back again.It is a large company but not much advancement for employees. Pay has been the same for over 7 years now.
A good multicultural work place.Day would be busy. Good staff . Everything is pretty much well organized. You will enjoy working over there. I would give 5 stars.
I have learned a lot . That was my first time to give medication to the patients. Staff was amazing and very helpful. I got the chance to remove the staples in first time of my life.
I loved the staff and the environment. As a student they made me feel like I was part of their family and I learned a lot. Now that I have my license I would love to be part of the team and help people.
Co-workers are great and make it a good place to go to work everyday. However the hospital as a whole does not care about their staff or workplace conditions. Depending on which unit you work in, the place is a dump and full of workplace hazards. And when you tell someone about something that needs to be fixed, nothing happens. Call maintenance for ANYTHING, even an emergency where you state that something BAD is going to happen if they don't come fix the hazard ASAP, and not a single person will come.
Working at Providence was a good experience. I really got the feel of what it was like to be in nurses show and learn what they do. Also, working at Providence gave me a chance to think about my next step in life. which is my career goal.
Great people to work with every day from 5;30am first kitchen shift all the way to 7;00pm when we closed the kitchen. Preparing breakfast, lunch & dinner trays , washing dishes cutlery pot pans trays, to porting the food trays.
its a wonderful place to work full of endless possibilities. if i didn't live so far away now i would still be working there, made wonderful memories there and long time friends