Unity Health Toronto

Unity Health Toronto Employee Reviews

Friendly co-workers
I had very good time working with the Orthopaedics department, the nurses were very friendly and cooperative when it came to asking questions and understanding to learn tasks.
Excellent workplace culture and management support.
Excellent workplace culture with approachable management and constant professional support.
Great learning environment with great opportunities for professional growth.
Good Place to Work
Smaller community hospital with excellent physicians and staff. Pay and benefits are fair but not a lot of room for advancement. Some areas are very dated; facilities and equipment
Productive, fast paced work environment with very friendly people
I worked at St. Michael's Hospital for a year and it was a wonderful experience. Taught me a lot about time management and working as a team to get patients the best care possible. It is a wonderful institution to work for.
productive and can be a nice place depending on the area you work in
there is a work culture at SMH. It's basically a healthcare facility, therefore, it is complex and fast-paced. If you want to move up it can be difficult depending on many social and institutional factors.
A great place to work
A very multicultural work environment, with friendly staff and good management. Benefits are great and pay is good as well. There’s lots of room to excel and good part time job for students.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement and flexible schedules.
Cons
Takes lots of years to get a full time position
St. Joe’s is a great place to work
The culture of people at St. Joe’s is a nice culture. Staff are friendly and get along for the most part. The pay could be better, as everything else around us is inflating but the salary. It’s not conducive with the standard of living in the GTA.
Productive and educatonal
I was a student at Providence Health so my experience was short but educational. The staff seemed friendly and helpful. I learned a lot and got to experience many different nursing aspects along side of my preceptor.
n/a
It is a daily challenge, tired of the long commute from home to work and back again.It is a large company but not much advancement for employees. Pay has been the same for over 7 years now.
Good
A good multicultural work place.Day would be busy. Good staff . Everything is pretty much well organized. You will enjoy working over there. I would give 5 stars.
I worked as a student nurse.
I have learned a lot . That was my first time to give medication to the patients. Staff was amazing and very helpful. I got the chance to remove the staples in first time of my life.
Student Nurse
I loved the staff and the environment. As a student they made me feel like I was part of their family and I learned a lot. Now that I have my license I would love to be part of the team and help people.
The people are great but the place is a dump
Co-workers are great and make it a good place to go to work everyday. However the hospital as a whole does not care about their staff or workplace conditions. Depending on which unit you work in, the place is a dump and full of workplace hazards. And when you tell someone about something that needs to be fixed, nothing happens. Call maintenance for ANYTHING, even an emergency where you state that something BAD is going to happen if they don't come fix the hazard ASAP, and not a single person will come.
Productive and fun interacting with the seniors
Working at Providence was a good experience. I really got the feel of what it was like to be in nurses show and learn what they do. Also, working at Providence gave me a chance to think about my next step in life. which is my career goal.
productive and great place to work
Great people to work with every day from 5;30am first kitchen shift all the way to 7;00pm when we closed the kitchen. Preparing breakfast, lunch & dinner trays , washing dishes cutlery pot pans trays, to porting the food trays.
loved working there
its a wonderful place to work full of endless possibilities.

if i didn't live so far away now i would still be working there,

made wonderful memories there and long time friends
Great place to work. Most people are crossed trained in both phlebotomy and Core Lab. There are 3 shifts. Day, evening and night shifts. In-patient as well as out-patient.
low moral
Challenging workplace with lots of turnover. Many very new staff. Little support or training provided. A few staff set a very poor tone for many of the others.
A wonderful and fantastic opportunity to work here
Very invigorating place to work. Lots of learning and challenge. Dynamic environment and super workplace culture - inclusive and enjoyable. Definitely a place I would love to work at again.
Productive and Caring
St. Michael Hospital is known for Toronto's best acute care hospital, which carries many different interesting clinical cases with huge learning opportunities. Staff and colleagues bear St. Michael's vision and mission and they are caring, not only to patients, but also with each other.
Exciting and Productive work environment
A typical day consisted of at least 2 site evals and meetings with other department heads. Followed by phone calls to vendors and a few hours of emailing and paperwork.