Unitemps Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Coffee barista (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire17 April 2018
This role is about: preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries and cookies, talking to costumes, provide the perfect costumes' service and on the end of shift to complete shutdown tasks, such as cleaning the main area or restocking shelves behind the counter.
Great Jobs and Company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DMU9 March 2018
Unitemps are very helpful as a temp agency

The jobs are varied and really good

Friendly staff and friendly working environment and culture

Management are very pleasant

Pay is good
Pros
Varied contracts, good pay
Cons
chairs aren't too comfortable
excellent company
Building Attendant (Current Employee) –  DMU LEICESTER20 February 2018
a brilliant company to work for. the only downside is the job security and explaining to others when in a full time position that you are working regular hours as unitemps is after all only an agency
Store assistant
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands11 February 2018
Great job , friendly environment , good college , punctual and weekends shifts as well , everyday they offered lots of job with different title. More opportunity for getting job, easy access websit.
good environment to be in
Traffic Control Operative (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands6 February 2018
salary was not as expected, training was poor, it was dis-organised. However, my colleagues I was working alongside with made my experience at the place worth while and have taught me how to deal with situations such as how to write tickets, deal with complaints and etc.
Fun work place
Builder (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PA2 December 2017
They find you jobs at a fast pace very friendly only thing was job security was not there and when it came to hiring you thru company they eould lay you off
Amazing freedom in choosing hours
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leicester11 November 2017
As a student ambassador, you can choose when you want to work and therefore you're not committed to working during revision or exams for example. Everyone on the team is so lovely and always ensure you're comfortable and know what you're doing. You can talk to the leaders about any worries and they always emphasise how no question is silly.
Pros
Lunch Included, Pay
Cons
Sometimes a lot of standing around not doing much
Flexible
Support Worker/ Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 October 2017
This is a flexible job role if you are studying however, there is inconsistency in your pay as you do not get paid until your students confirm your time sheets which can become a problem if this job is your only source of income.
The working environment is good and it is a great way for you to increase your own knowledge and step out of your comfort zone. this is a good job if you want to gain experience but not good for a long-term job.
Pros
short hours
Cons
inconsistent pay
Flexible place to work
Bar Staff, steward (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands9 October 2017
Flexible, good pay and fits around education. Various job roles available, most jobs in local area, perfect for students. Also have full time roles and graduate schemes available.
Very good
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire15 September 2017
Frequent emails about shifts available, workplace culture was good as well as management. I learnt the hospitality skills required for a catering role.
The best company I've ever worked for
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent22 August 2017
I have always enjoyed working for the Staffordshire branch of Unitemps. My managers care about my well-being, the pay is very fair, and the accumulation of hours adds up in holiday pay. Team work is vital, but you'll gain so many new skills during your time, and because it's a temp company, you're spoiled for choice in jobs you can apply for.
Pros
Caring employers, holiday pay, good hours
Flexible Work
Temporary Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Northampton3 August 2017
Positions are consistently updated as some are only for one day, and Unitemps have a great structure to ensure the positions are filled quickly. A great opportunity to earn flexibly alongside studies while at university.
Pros
High rate of pay
Fun
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Canterbury13 May 2017
On a typical open day, my job starts by meeting the new student who has come for interviews.I introduce myself and explain what we going to do.I take my group of students around the campus telling them about adult Nursing and how the programme is structured and answering any burning questions they might have.The hardest part is if you are asked something you can not explain.The most enjoyable part is you got to meet them first hand and if they do manage to get a place and start you become friends.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
long time to wait to get paid as we paid per month
Unitemps
Mechanical Engineering tutor (Former Employee) –  Warwick1 March 2017
Its great working with Unitemps . They provide flexible jobs during school and holiday term, whilst I study. I have learnt good teaching skills while tutoring the students I met.

The most enjoyable thing about the job is that it is flexible and the staff of Unitemps are great.
Nice company to work for
Billing Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJ27 January 2017
An air conditioning service company, Unitemp was usually reacting and responding to service outages with minimal time spent in preventing outages. The most frantic times of year were summer months and the first cold spells of the winter.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
No job advancement opportunities
Enjoyable role for someone who enjoys studying
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham25 October 2016
Working at Unitemps has been enjoyable as I am someone who enjoys being in a University environment, being amidst the buzz of students and learning new things in lectures. It has been a very rewarding experience for me supporting disabled students in getting their degrees. Most of the time you work alone, or with the student you are supporting. I find that the hardest part of the job is the inconsistency of work. You may be booked in for a full week of work but then if a student falls ill, or lectures get cancelled you lose out on work and pay. It is not very stable. I think it is perfect for someone looking for part-time work or current students, but as a full-time job trying to earn a living it is very stressful. In addition, as it is an agency you don't get paid over the holidays so it can be stressful to go weeks or months without pay especially during the summer holidays. Although you accumulate holiday pay over the academic year, it is not enough to get you by when you are out of work.
Pros
Flexible hours, you pick the hours you want to work
Cons
Unstable, work is never guaranteed
Productive work environment
House Keeping / Lift & Shift/ Waiting (Current Employee) –  Nottingham20 October 2016
It's a great starting point for anyone looking to gain new skills, whilst getting paid. A typical day requires duties such as cleaning halls and communal areas and taking out trash. Normally shifts are short, lasting about 4 hours, but the work can be quite intense and therefore helps if you are healthy.
Pros
Short days, opportunity to develop new skills
Cons
Can be quite laborious and draining
Brilliant job whilst being a student!
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leicester13 October 2016
Working as an ambassador for the university was brilliant, you get to meet so many new people and try different things, you learn so much about cultures and people in general, it was the most rewarding experience I've had so far.
Pros
Free Lunches, brilliant pay, working with people
hard work good pay
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Coventry27 September 2016
as my first official job, Unitemps provided me with a fun and educated work environment. overall the job has taught me many communication skills and taught me a bit about myself. Co workers were friendly and approachable, managers are quite easy going. The hardest aspect of the job was the physical strength required for some tasks given such as moving large tables room to room. easiest part of the job is definitely approaching customers as i believe i am quite a personable character.
Pros
good pay
Cons
pyhsical aspect
good communication and salary
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  University of Northampton15 June 2016
Good place to work but not enough hours and days coming in to work.

Not a contract job.

would like it to be a contract job then I would be happy and have a permanent job
Pros
good money
Cons
not enough hours