Unitek Technical Services Employee Reviews

At Unitek you are your own Managery
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FL4 January 2019
Great for highly skilled professionals.
Typical day at work is to manage the supply chain in all facets of the business to lean the process out and train the workforce. From a company perspective, help them get ISO certified for defense work. The ability to manage your time, prioritize the individual companies growth plan to assure a robust successful supplier is achieved and recognized in the industry. One must be innovative, change agent that engages the workforce in continuous improvement. Have a desire to be renowned as a factory of the future by teaming with them on a individual basis.
Pros
Independence to work Supply Chain in all facets.
Cons
Insurance
Very rewarding.
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florida area.4 April 2018
The company supported independent control of your career and services. The job assignments were all unique and challenging. The ability to work extended hours was great...
Pros
Independentcy.
Cons
Personal Insuraunce
NTS Unitek Employment
Senior Source Inspector IPC (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI19 February 2018
NTS Unitek is a contract service provider and provides contract employees for source inspection, mostly for defense industry companies. They pay very competitively and you are treated fairly.
Pros
good pay, fair treatment
Cons
have to wait 90 day s for insurance
contract work
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  various17 January 2018
good place to do work for and liked all the companies that I was sent to inspect all the verous types of products that I was assigned to check the areas required.
Pros
good to work for
Cons
please see below review summary
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VA31 August 2017
set up new hire employees, reconcile PTO and Sick hours, processing timesheet corrections, set up Federal and State tax, Direct Deposit, upload bonus,
Needs stronger leadership with vision
ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VA20 December 2016
I love the people I work with but the management of this organization is lacking vision and the ability to take the company to the next level. Focus is on petty operational issues instead of growth and employee development.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No room for growth, long standing friendships lead to inability to properly place talent in best positions
Not a good place to work or build a career
Too small of a company (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VA26 March 2016
Do not work in this place, no room to grow unless you are with high school click of four and no support to the employees they supervise.Company not doing well,they are afraid to grow too big and are afraid to negotiate contracts.VP unqualified for position, leads with emotions and is known to scream at employees.Has no desire to grow more.managers are some ok some are fake and only stick together do not allow any one in and are out for each other only.Unprofessional environment, hostile at times, not supportive, click of three of four managers and all of us know they throw employees under bus and protect each other, one works from home sometimes when employees cannot only them.
Pros
Snacks and kitchen
Cons
Look at your review
Enjjoy working with the staff and traveling
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix AZ and Cheyenne Wy. as well as England1 July 2015
I have worked for Unitek for many years and enjoy working for them. Working for them has sent me to Belgium and England and has had the companies request me again on several occasions.
My work is diversified in my field and I enjoy going into companies to help them perfect there Quality Systems and to help move product out the door.

I have become good friends with some of the my co-worker over in England and with other companies and we continue to correspond.

The hardest part of my job is going into a company, that is having a problem, for my customer. The company has there shields up and my job is first to convince them that I am there to help them not to make a problem worst. If it is a good company that is just having some issues we work well together. Other companies are the problem and then I just do what I can for my customer to help work out the problems.

Sorry the importance of my review cannot be said in 20 words.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Can't say I have any.