UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Career growth is possible and Work environment is diverse
Application Tester /IT Operating System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philippines22 June 2018
UHG responds to its employees' concerns compassionately and strategically. Career growth is valued. The company ensured that each employee is equipped to his/her job by providing technical and company-related training. It also encourages its employees to engage in sports and other specialized interest groups like trekking, cycling, photography, and others to maintain a work-life balance.
Pros
Working Remotely
Cons
Staff Attitudes and Hierarchy/Bureaucracy
great company to work for
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Lisle, IL10 June 2018
Great company to work at. Management is great and there are many opportunity to grow you career. There are many avenues available for you to learn a lot on the job.
Productive workplace
PHARMACY BENEFITS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Philippines17 May 2018
A typical day at work usually started from 8am-5pm. I learned so many things in this company such as how teamwork and valuing employees. The management was excellent since they provide good benefits for the employees. The workplace culture is all of us are Filipinos so we understand each and everyone's concerns/problems.The hardest part of the job is being able to submit the necessary "project" on time. the most enjoyable part of the job was they provide different kind of activities wherein employees and the management team bond together or having team building. Lastly, this company provide employees opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
Lots of activities and good benefits.
Cons
sometimes requiring to work overtime
wage and compensation
Pharmacy Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region1 February 2018
The company is a well sustainable and service excellent in providing benefits to the clients. However, in our department, salary is an issue and other benefits like quarterly incentives are not really satisfying employees because it is somewhat inappropriate not to give the entitlement of such bonus.
Pros
shuttle service
Cons
transportation allowances and quarterly incentives
Great place to work.
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC20 June 2017
OGS is an amazing place to work with extensive learning curve. The company is focused towards merging healthcare with technology innovation.
Great work life balance.
Took to long to pay workers
Hawker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 December 2016
Took over 3 months to pay workers for one event, was also un organized while finding work. Also didnt really care about people that were there.
Productive and fun workplace
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabd12 October 2016
Enjoyed my work with this company sorry still i enjoy.such a nice workplace where i dint felt any stress where i had done things quite well.The team i worked with gave good support and no hierarchy sort of thing,as this is my first organization learnt as much as possible from co workers and experienced peeps.Its just the best place to work 👌👍
Poor management ,unorganized and lack of communication
Medical Office Assistant Practicum (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2016
This company has along way to achieve the goals of patients.Slow services at best. a lot of complaint on wrong diagnoses,patients feeling pressured into medicine that don't need.
Pros
free lunch on Friday
Cons
Lots of Arguing
Life work balance was met when i was with UHG.
Health Insurance Claims Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Philippines23 August 2016
1 work 5 days a week 8 hours everyday. I had my ups and downs at the company but all was worth the hard work because i was able to meet deadlines and i was able to deliver at my best. I got good monthly ratings from my managers.
Pros
I was able to choose my shift.
Cons
I can not think of any.
Na
Project - QA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2015
It is a good experience working in this company . It offers a great work and life balance along with great opportunities to grow .
fun co-workers
cook (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 November 2015
fun workplace with interesting co-workers, and the management was strict but that was just to get the best from us, and that wasn't a problem.
Pros
free lunch
Independence
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 March 2015
Being a subcontractor for a satellite company becomes repetitive after a while and does not allow much room for growth.
However I gained some transferable skills that will help me in day to day situations.
Pros
Being my own boss
Cons
Enjoy working for this company very friendly atmosphere
Administrative Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  777 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario5 February 2015
I have learned various admin functions in here and the people are very friendly from Management to the Admin level. Also enjoy volunteering in various locations such as Food Bank, Young Street Mission etc.
Pros
Enjoy going out with the co-workers for lunches, parks, etc.
A very inconsistent company to work for
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX2 January 2015
A company that offers very little opportunity and no prospects with salary increases. The company does not value the employee
Pros
varied accts
Cons
no prospects
Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ON8 August 2014
Bell is one of the largest telecom company in Canada.
Worked as a backend tester.
great work environment
Product Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  phillipines29 May 2014
open-door policy
good personnel
conducive work environment
bad
Enrolment Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2014
just a bad place to work; better off steering clear of it tbh, place is in the middle of shipping everyone to TX and getting rid of our jobs.
Many perks and they value their employee
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mckinley Hill, Taguig City26 December 2013
In this company you can feel the company's care and concern to their employees. They provide everything that their employee needs. The company offers many opportunity for they are still expanding.
Pros
Recreation rooms and free meals :)
fun while it lasted
Satellite installer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2013
fun while it lasted but no more money due to bell fiber typical day at work
Great company with lots of learning experience
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2012
I was basically hired to manage Wintel/Citrix technologies.