United Way Employee Reviews

Found 119 reviews matching the search See all 1,887 reviews
Productive and welcoming work environemtn with spportive training staff
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midhurst, ON16 April 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed completing my placement at United Way of Simcoe Muskoka. I have developed so much growth and have had a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this work environment and the positivity or working together as a team.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Ending Placement
Open workplace, everyone is kind and helpful
Leadership Committee Co-chai (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 March 2019
As a youth volunteer I felt that I had a lot of support from my peers and also senior staff working at United Way. I was always welcome with a smile and felt that the work we were doing was worthwhile.
Great team
United Way Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2019
An amazing team to work with, everyone helps you learn and develop skills you did not have before. I would highly recommend this place for everyone to try.
productive and fun work environment
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 February 2019
enjoying working with team, learning the workplace culture and management; the most important part is you are dealing with people in the heart of the communities.
Pros
being involved in the heart of community
Cons
enjoy working long hour
Horrible place
Manager of Strategic Partnerships (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 November 2018
rude people, those that have been there forever take 6 weeks of holidays a year and do zero work, meanwhile young employees never advance, management has no idea what is going on
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Staff are great!!!
FINANCE AND DATABASE CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 October 2018
Love the people who work there. They all do it for the desire to help others. Not a great paying place for any position so you have to do it for the love of helping your community. No perks either. A+++++
Pros
Other staff, time off at Christmas
Cons
Long hours, no extra pay, ungrateful superiors, no recognition for hard work.
Full of Energy
Sponsored Employee Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2018
They are fundraisers, and they love what they do. Everyone is always positive and outgoing. My managers and staff were so welcoming, and thoughtful. Great place to work.
A workplace with freedom, that rewards creative thinking
Campaign Officer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC4 October 2018
I really enjoyed working at the United Way, I had to opportunity to do great things for the community. I am also thankful that it was such a productive and supportive workplace.
Pros
Excellent management, creative workplace, rewards hard work
Charity work is essential to Toronto's success
Sponsored Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
We all have a responsibility to our community for its health and well being. I learned the ability to communicate this responsibility through presentations and speeches to multi billion corporations.
Pros
Meeting a large population of varied demographics
nice, calm and welcoming environment
Event Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 August 2018
it was a nice and calm place to work , you will receive lot of support from your superiors, they are always willing to help and improve your social skills in the work place.
I do my best to eliminate the guess work for my colleagues
Exec Coordinator - CEO and Board of Directors (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 July 2018
Every day is a different day with new challenges :)

I pride myself in being flexible and able to adjust to the situation of the day.

I have learned that YOU need to make yourself a priority NOT a backup plan to achieve Work life balance.

As an EA you teach others how you will be treated. You need to be strong in your convictions and the right boss will learn to value that in their Assistant.
Great Job
Volunteer Assistant Project Coordinator/Reception (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON29 June 2018
Busy office, always ever-changing. Extremely diverse. Great people to work with.Room for advancement. great chance to do volunteer work for a cause close and dear to your heart
Pros
Great hours
Cons
extremely busy
Rewarding in its own way
GBC United Way Chairman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 June 2018
Volunteering during the annual United Way campaigns is a great way to use the time to boost employee morale and also educate staff about the many great things the United Way accomplishes in our communtity.
Good Heart but Challenging Culture
Senior Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 June 2018
Organization going through much transition and culture is struggling. Really good people, just a challenging time for the organization. Mission is filling a critical role in the community! Very important work
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC23 April 2018
Volunteer for the TD united way giving campaign. Volunteers change each year which allows for a fresh perspective on how to accomplish the annual target.
Always ever-changing
Assistant Project Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON10 April 2018
Good crew of people, always ever-changing, and busy busy busy.
Never got bored of doing the same thing. Learned about how to use photo-copier, change the paper, and the ink, learned different computer programs, answering phones and transferring the call to the correct person, or taking messages.

Management was great and very understanding.

The hardest part setting up the on-screen computer projector for meetings, but after doing it several times, I caught on fairly quick.

The most enjoyable part was my own office with a nice view, and great people to work with
Pros
My own office with a great view
Cons
Working some short days
My Typical Work Day
Event Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 March 2018
A typical day a work is involved with a laptop, organizing spread sheets of products for our GIANT WAREHOUSE SALE, calling for In Kind Donations to go towards our sale as well as to give our volunteers. I have learned that you cant really judge someone by not knowing them, there are a lot of people that are going through a lot and here at United Way its all about change in our community. Hardest Part about my job was getting back into excel and word, and opening up, not being so shy. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others, and our community to make a change as well as learning new things, marketing, leadership, etc.
Fast paced environment, team management, proactive mentality, and face-to-face selling are the most important lesions that I was given the opportunity
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 March 2018
A typical day with The United Way family consists of, setting up locations for my team to sell at, managing profits as well as product inventory, and finally I join my team to sell The United Way’s products. I have organized events at the Alderny Landing farmer’s market as well as the Stansfield International Airport.
Pros
Large amount of customer interaction experiences
Cons
N/a
Competitive
Volunteer, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Canada14 February 2018
Competitive among team members but everyone is there for a purpose and is non-judgemental. Manager was sincere, genuine and has integrity. Took me on as a back-to-work placement
Culture makes UW the best place to be