United Supermarkets

United Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Nice management

fine place with good manager. clean work place, offer lunch. I still have 80 characters need to write but I don't want to write that much, you will know when you done at that place. If you like there, do longer. If you don't like, just go.

Fun place to work if you don’t need much money

The work isn’t to hard and I’ve made really good friends with a lot of my coworkers. The management is very accommodating for family emergencies and unpaid time off. The pay is hot garbage though

Pros

Good work environment, good management

Cons

The pay

The pay sucks

They don’t care how long you’ve been there but how much stuff you can do even if it’s not what you signed up for. They always take the customers side over yours. You will not be able to make an living with how bad they pay.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Pay sucks

Infrastructure

Infrastructure is not stable at all. Everyone is trying to keep their jobs by taking credit for other people’s work. And they also think just because something sells in one area, it will sell everywhere. WRONG!! It’s called demographics. Maybe the people in charge need to research that.

great place for a summer job

This job is great for a high school or entry level position to learn customer service skills. Although my time was short, I appreciated the experience gained

Pros

shift availabilities

Cons

coworkers crossing professional boundaries

Management borders on abusive

Worked here for 3 years. Daily workload was always un reasonable and got constant Mistreatment from managers. Always led on and lied to about raises and advancement.

Pros

Pay was decent

Cons

Short or no breaks, managers are lazy and despicable

Horrible

Just horrible management period. Good if you are a sacker or cashier.. if you are in management you get passed over and looked at closely all the time. The store director is the worst and gets talked about all over. Nobody wants to work there period.

Decent place to work

It was a pretty decent place to work, though pay could have been a little better. Short shifts and decent hours for part time, about 21 a week. Coworkers were pretty nice and helpful too.

Pros

Pretty Good Training, Good Coworkers

Cons

Pay is A Little Low, Anti-Union

customers > workers

they did not hesitate to attempt to take advantage of me here. my hours per week were never consistent. sometimes i’d have 20 hours a week, sometimes 40. the training was not good. do not expect to be properly trained here. management for the most part is okay, but they are horrible about giving you breaks. you are definitely expected to do more than what you’re being payed for, that’s for sure. my coworkers were very nice though. they definitely made working here bearable. the customers can be nice too, but you’ll definitely get some rude customers who understand that they’re more valued and appreciated than you are.

Pros

helpful coworkers

Cons

short breaks, poor training, no overtime

It’s not the worst

Probably one of the better places for teens but super over hired and some people don’t even work when they’re there but managers don’t see. Don’t expect many hours. You’re over worked or underworked, there is no in between.

Pros

Better management then Walmart, discount, flexible hours

Cons

Short breaks, bad co workers

Jobs at United Supermarkets

See more jobs

eh

you get paid minimum wage and constantly have to deal with rude customers. do not expect any advancement no matter how many times they tell you you can or will get one.

Pros

freinds

Cons

management

The people I worked with were like family.

I enjoyed this job. I liked talking with and helping the customers. I did receiving and inventory control. I dug it. My position was important and I was given the authority necessary to do it correctly and effectively.

Pros

Good culture, decent pay, good coworkers

Cons

Upper management are jerks and care nothing about you just the numbers.

Some people i work with

Have been der almost 6yrs and still making da same pay. But the company is good to give u more and more work im really not happy der but i need a job

Pros

If u work in da deli its hard to get a lunch or break

Cons

Go to da rest room and smoke in 10

The kind way everyone comes at you

Great working with this company when my kids where sick the management did not take there time in making sure they where safe and ok. I made sure all products where on the shelves nice and neat and made sure at the end of the shift the store looked ready to receive customers.

Pros

Great job

Cons

Some can use listeners skills

Loving enviroment

it's a great job everyone is very friendly and everyone is treated as a friend. No drama at all. We all got along and loved each others differences. the only thing is that we have really short breaks and they love to work you as much as they like

Pros

no drama

Cons

short breaks

Too many hours, not enough pay

Put me down for 40 hour weeks even though I am part time. Get payed around 10 an hour for the work that I perform, which is exhausting on 8 hour days.

Store Director needs to ACTUALLY do his job

My experience working there started fine. I worked hard and got minimal recognition. Anytime I needed employees to work in my department the hiring manager and store director both did not make any effort to get help that was clearly needed. The store director would expect us few people in that department to stay and work all day not caring about if we have had a break ,something to eat, a doctors appointment, a family at home waiting for us!!! I regret ever working fir the United in Childress. I think the company has expectations and great morals and values but it needs to focus on the small town stores that need some guidance.

Pros

Cons

They take advantage of hard workers, talk about people. When you bring concerns to store managements attention they do not care, they don’t even try to help resolve any issues

Very humbling experience

Only work here if you have no where else to go. Fun at first but during holiday season you’ll hate it. Managers don’t care about your life and except everything you have with no return. They look for any reason to fire you or make you feel like you’ve done a bad job.

Good for a first job

It’s okay for a first job. Benefits could be better (you only get 10% off your grocery bill, and it only applies to the United brand stuff) if you are part-time. Management is very unorganized sometimes and shows favoritism. The chance of you getting a promotion is very slim unless you become their favorite worker. The break system could be better. The atmosphere and family dynamic is a pro however; I see my coworkers as friends.

Pros

Flexible schedules, good atmosphere

Cons

Poor management, not much benefits, short breaks

Owner creates a stressful environment, wages are low

Store owner creates a stressful environment via randomly enforcing new rules, not allowing employees to rest, keeping store understaffed, the wages are far too low for the amount of work done, and the list goes on. Most of the department managers are great, but there's not much they can do in terms of growth and raises.

Not a good company

Very money hungry very rude i don't know how other store run things but my stotee wanst good at runing things they where very rude and didn't care about you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement