United States Embassy Employee Reviews

4.2Pay & Benefits
Productive fun place to work
Market research specialist (Former Employee) –  Nassau, ON31 August 2017
Small environment, more like a fish bowl. Pleasant place to work. Projects are encouraged and supported by management but management changes frequently as a part of the policy. Difficult to maintain continuity of initiatives.
Pros
Staff Recognition
Cons
Changing Personnel
Very sophisticated and an easy-going group of people to work with!
Finance Officer (Disbursing Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 December 2013
As Disbursing Assistant at the U.S. Embassy in Ottawa, I was responsible for vouchering Living Quarter Allowances (LQA) for all the American personnel in the Embassy and the seven U.S. Consulates in Canada. I used to reconcile LQA at the end of every one-year cycle completed from the time it was commenced, which allowed us to prepare reports to help project changes in allowance rates. Maintaining Accounts Receivable records provided me with an opportunity to familiarize myself with yet another accounting branch and enabled me to command sensitive situations, while encouraging a sensible and composed atmosphere.
Amazing Consular Section
Consular Visa Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 September 2013
It was a privilege to work as Visa Diplomat in the Consular Section of the Canadian United States Embassy. The new languages and guidelines of secure security procedures are measurements I use daily now. Keith Powell and all the other Visa Officers were amazing and willing to teach and help your grow to become a better consultant. Preparing visa, fingerprinting and cash registry all had amazing and extreme educational values for years to come. All my duties private and shared where something memorable and amazing.
Pros
Efficient, Intelligent and Accurate Security Visa Office
Cons
Relocation

Want to know more about United States Embassy?

Ask a question