United Safety Ltd

United Safety Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada91 reviews
There is a lot of turnover at United Safety. Good people leave and the ones that cause a lot of chaos stay. There is a lot of gossip and bullying. Not me personally but I did see it due to my position.
Pros
No shortage of work
Cons
Managment
Poor pay,favouritism, could offer more training. You never know how long you are going to be on a job. Poor communication from head office to safety personnel.
Have good experience in united safety. Good team work.best management. Work availability all time.good learning atmosphere. Hard working leader ship to gain experince from.
As one of the leading organisations in the field of safety, United Safety will provide you the needed platform to harness your skills in all areas of your interest.
The staff was friendly and workers were very positive with one another. Work can be very sparse though, and too far in-between. If you are looking for extra money that's temporary but has room for advancements, then this is the job for you.
this company offers about 90% on the tickets you need. Also after your first year, you are paid for the courses.
At united safety, The environment is great, management pushes you to strive and do better.
I really enjoy working for this company, has very good workplace culture, management was very polite and open, training and respect are # 1 priority and they care about their employees.
I will go back any time. only issue really is that is not full time.
Excellent team work
Good workplace culture

The hardest part of the job is working outside with extreme temperatures conditions.

It was nice to meet people, from different backgrounds in every project.
I had worked with this company for almost a year and was working 24 days straight. I gave them 3 months notice that my fiance at the time was going to be having a C-Section for the birth of my son. I submitted the request for 5 days off so I could be present during the birth and help take care of my fiance after the surgery. Keep in mind I was a full time employee at this time. I was told i 'might' be approved for the 5 unpaid days. After I had to force their hand to get me home as they were trying to make me work longer than the legal maximum of 24 without a day off, they proceeded to terminate me for shortage of work, after my son was born. There was no shortage as the project I had been on, was still ongoing as well as multiple other projects. They will break their own rules, such as making you drive for over 14 hours straight and then working after 2 hours of sleep. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried and yes, I did complain to them about it, to no avail.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at United Safety Ltd?
Managment has 0 loyalty to employees it's only about what are you doing for me now pass tand future dosnt factor. Upper management says one thing and dosnt come through , life work balance is only if and when management seems it benefits the company
I worked their for a year, and I really didn't enjoy my time there. My management had me working 50-60 hours a week for 3 months straight, as well as other overtime I had to perform randomly and I wasn't compensated for the overtime in any sense. Management as a whole were always at each others throats and didn't see eye to eye. There also isn't much room to move up if you're looking to advance in your career.

If you end up here be sure to keep close track of your hours.
Wages are a joke, they don’t care about their employees. Promote people that shouldn’t be and put them in charge of projects. Sexism & racism isn’t taken seriously. Most issues just swept under the rug to keep them looking good.
Promised me a lot of different project and only delivered on one. They promoted me right away because of my work experience in the oil and gas sector, but they also promoted people who had no experience which created poor leadership.

They gave me specialized training but never let me use it. They were late on paying me my pay check. I was sent home when I was sick and they dropped me on the edge of edmonton with no money and no way home. (I live out of province)

The actually other people were great, until I got promoted. Then I found out they called me a rat and thought I sucked up to get the promotion.

All In all, not a great experience.
Pros
Can be promoted quickly
Cons
Everything.
Ultimately, they are an oil and gas service company that needs to jump when the client says go.
And that means you need to be available

The job will take up a lot of your time.

Good for some....

But in the end you will never last in this work environment so the turnover is quite High. Also the culture right from the top down is broken.
The upper management only cares about the money and contract. Employees are just numbers to them. Safety is not enforced if it upsets the Client. They have great equipment and their 5 day training is excellent. Their over all training manager in Airdrie is another story and should be audited himself.
Pros
their equipment is great
Cons
upper management needs ethics
Needed better shop management and better in shop training in FSJ. The management was way to young and so did not know how to train properly and I worked too many hours straight was not safe.
No work life balance at all. Pay seems to be less than similar companies but they did keep me busy. Did get some decent training and meet some decent people.
The service the company provides is unique and its a great opportunity for people to join the energy industry. They provide the highest quality of training allowing people with diverse skills and experience to enter this industry. There are a lot of positive stories and many employees have been here for years, advancing from entry level positions to leadership roles.
Pros
Training and Growth, Work Experience
Terrible management, bad pay, and the most unsatisfying job I've ever had. You sell your soul to this company, only to be treated like garbage. The reviews speak for themselves, listen to them and stay far away.
They get you to do their 5 days of training, which is unpaid 8 hour days. They tell you there is lots of work but waited over a month after training was done before getting info for my first job, the week i was supposed to leave they switched to me to a different job which required h2s alive which i did not have yet as i could not afford it, so my spot on my initial job was filled and again had no work, waiting and hoping to get a dispatch from this company was just as stressful if not more stressful than actually looking for a job, i would advise anyone thinking of applying to look else where.
Pros
Cons
No work despite being told there will be lots of work
Nice company to start with in the oil and gas Industry with more room of improvements. learn new skills every day by meeting different trades and experts at the oil fields
Pros
allowance pay with free accommodations
Cons
short of work