United Rentals, Inc. Employee Review

View all United Rentals, Inc. reviews

Summary of a day in the life of the United Rentals employee
Heavy Duty Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray9 July 2014
To be honest, I love working for United Rentals. My location has a great team of co-workers. They are people I can trust, and rely on in several areas of my eternal career advancement. If it were not for them, I would not have successfully advanced into my Heavy Duty apprenticeship. I would not have had exposure to new challenges with different equipment. And I would not have been able to sharpen my skills without their support network of training course (in person and on-line)

Sadly, the hardest part of my job is the slow state of this season. I'm not the type of employee to sit still and twiddle my thumbs. I eventually get antsy and uncomfortable from sitting idle for too long (typically around 10mins). I have to be doing something. If not working on equipment, organizing paper work, or cleaning my bay/tools. Or helping new apprentices overcome their challenges (if they want it). Some view this as impatience, or "brown nosing". Others are offended and say things like "you're making others look bad". It is not my intention…… And have to learn to follow everyone else's pace.
Pros
Great safety/team environment
Cons
Pay is not the greatest by area comparisons.

Other United Rentals, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Steady Place
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta11 March 2018
I was given the means to excel at my position with room for growth. Field Service Department was well structured and we were flown around the province and country for training and support; as well as to provide emergency support for other branches.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Inconsistant Management Personel
worked by myself mostly
Yard Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan12 February 2018
worked by myself mostly and outside, organized the yard , load and unload trucks washed equipment , I helped the mechanics when they needed me, I enjoyed showing customers how to operate the equipment & I liked dealing with customers
Pros
always busy
Cons
working by my self all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Rentals, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.