United Nations Employee Review

View all United Nations reviews

Productive and multi-cultural
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA28 October 2013
I translated and published 7 official documents covering various subjects dealt with by the United Nations. I led and supported cross-cultural talks and activities regarding Youth Migration with more than 1000 Young Preventatives from over 100 countries to commemorate International Youth Day 2013 at the UN Secretariat. I also arranged meetings among people of different cultures and facilitated cross-cultural dialogue and received by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon as one of the representatives.

Other United Nations Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2018
It was a great experience working with UNDP Nigeria. In terms of gaining more knowledge, experience and salary. I was able to develop my team work skills.
Pros
Free lunch and Good salary
Cons
work Overload
Good and healthy working environment
Personal and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Juba6 February 2018
My daily is to Maintain, organize and prioritize appointments and calendar, including visiting schedules of the Head of Mission. Scrutinize and manage outgoing/incoming correspondences, and expedite distribution and follow-ups. To define, provide and coordinate support to Administrative Assistant and other staffs. Organize and coordinate international and domestic travels. Provide advice and counsel as appropriate to staff on way of improving existing practices. Provide guidance and counsel for staff on Regulations and Administrative procedure. Schedule and organize appointments and meetings with various stakeholders for the Heads of Mission. Actively collaborate with diplomatic corps, UN agencies and other entities involve in the peace process.

I enjoy working with the Institution for its challenges and its positive result on vulnerable population. It gives you the opportunity to travel around the world. It is a place where you meet people from different nationalities. You have numerous benefits. What I do not like is sometime the bused of power of Senior Manager.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
8 hours a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Nations. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4