United Nations Employee Review

View all United Nations reviews

I enjoy very much my work place environment
Local Security Assistant-United Nations (UNDSS) (Former Employee) –  Eastern Province , Sri Lanka22 July 2013
General Responsibilities:
The LSA is responsible for assisting the ASC and FSCO in the execution of his/her security responsibilities at the assigned duty station.

a) Maintaining & Monitoring the Security Plan, including updating staff lists & Clerical Administration;
b)Implementing the security plan such as the warden system, emergency procedures, evacuation drills, maintaining communication to from UN staff and other role players, ensure the SOP's in the event of various incidences are followed,
c) Monitoring the status and compliance of the Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) and MORSS.
d) Assessing the security situation at the duty station;
e) Identifying Emergency Communications equipment needs (MISTS);
f) Conducting security evaluations and providing advice on security measures for the residences of UN staff and UN offices in consultation with the FSCO;
g) Providing UN staff with the security tree & warden system information flow (SMS, e-mails etc);
h) Supporting training courses on security issues/awareness and preparedness;
i) As a member of the ASMT take the minutes and follow through implementation with the ASC/FSCO;
j) Identify security requirements;
k) Send daily and other routine and incident reports as per prescribed working procedures to DSS in Colombo and the FSCO;
l) Liaising and coordinating with the local government security organizations as a secondary priority to the above;
m) Other security tasks assigned by the ASC or FSCO;
n) Supervise EOC staffs & functions.

Other United Nations Employee Reviews

I learn empathy
Research Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Remote6 May 2018
When I start volunteering at UN, I became aware of problems in the world. My eyes open to places I would never know. Importantly, I learn how I can reduce these problems by mapping. I keep cooperating with UN to help others because It also helps me feels good.
Productive and fun
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2018
It was a great experience working with UNDP Nigeria. In terms of gaining more knowledge, experience and salary. I was able to develop my team work skills.
Pros
Free lunch and Good salary
Cons
work Overload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Nations. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4