United Nations logo
United Nations

United Nations Employee Reviews

Nice work

This workplace is a good one and it does important work for Canadians. It has been nice knowing the staff of this organization that is located in Canada.

It's really idealistic

It's a really idealistic organization that has some real institutional problems. The people who serve the organization are saints, but as it presently stands the U.N. is largely staffed by the wealth in it's upper echelons and by the poor on its lower rungs.

Appréciable

C'est une très belle expérience. Les demandes sont grandes et l'organisation donne aussi.les.moyens de travailler. Les défis à relever sont nombreux, ce qui rend le travail plus interessany.

Interesting but exhausting

The United Nations is a big International Organization. I personally worked as an intern for the Permanent Mission of Greece to the United Nations so my experience has more to do with diplomatic service rather than the Administration of the UN.

Very professional people and clean workingplace

Ever since my contract with the UN ended, I've been wanting to work there again at any UN agency. It is very difficult to get a position in such a big international organization.

Pros

Very good retirement!!!

Cons

Hard to get a full-time and permanent position

n/a

The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. The mission and work of the United Nations are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its Policy.

I learn empathy

When I start volunteering at UN, I became aware of problems in the world. My eyes open to places I would never know. Importantly, I learn how I can reduce these problems by mapping. I keep cooperating with UN to help others because It also helps me feels good.

Organisme international

Organisme international très administratif. Implication en Haiti. MINUSTAH

Productive and fun

It was a great experience working with UNDP Nigeria. In terms of gaining more knowledge, experience and salary. I was able to develop my team work skills.

Pros

Free lunch and Good salary

Cons

work Overload

It is ok

Stressful and hectic. People were nice. A lot of work

Jobs at United Nations

See more jobs

Internship

Good opportunities to network within the organisation with many learning opportunities through in-house workshops and presentations. The working atmosphere is supportive while also very ambitious.

Inspiring

I have worked in Zonta Club in United Nations Program. It helps aid women in domestic violence or any abuse. It is a speaking platform to encourage and give strength to females. It also helps tackle with gender discrimination and inequality discussions such as pay.

Pros

Good cause

Cons

Availabilty directly afterschool

Data and Voice management

- Sit behind the screen and Manage the system - Technology - Collaboration with Team - Good Management style - Civilian and Military Co-worker

Pros

High Leve Exposure to Technology

Cons

Hazard Duty Station

Experience of working with multi national force

A great experience with international environment. It was very rewarding time as far as planning and work ethics were concerned.

Pros

Free accommodation

Cons

Away from home

Very demanding and productive work environment which drove professional growth and development

Great work experience and professional learning environment which drove professional growth and development without stifling employee creativity, etc. Allowed for self management and directed learning, creativity and expression of experience and competences. Tremendous respect for employee input.

Great International Environment

ICAO, as being an UN organization, brings different cultures together to work in a respectful, fun and tolerant environment.

Great organization to be a part of

Constantly changing environment, fast pasted, interesting.

it was a temporare job

It was a great place to work in yet as a start in my career i wanted something stable

Pros

a school to learn in both life and work levels

Cons

high exposure of other miserable cultures

alright

a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job

I like security guard work because it needs too much attention to details as will as wisdom patience mental and physical alertness

a typical day is a day when I reach my work site a little bit earlier to have some time to discuss with my college in the previous shift about the problems that I may face, Smoothly solve any problem may appear, learn something new from senior co-workers, manage all situations properly and in safe way, The hardest and most enjoyable part in security guard job is the ability to protect the property of the employer with involving my self in the risk.

Pros

Cons

interesting and much joy

So much fun and the salary was really good

Translate documents and Interpreting, receiving local peopleI learn how to be a good soldierNothing to reproachSome of my co-workers were very down to earth and enjoyable to work withHardest part was when I had to go to red zones....Most enjoyable was all the privileges i had

Pros

free lunches, breakfast and dinner

Cons

certain things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Nations. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4