United Nations

United Nations Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Nice work
This workplace is a good one and it does important work for Canadians. It has been nice knowing the staff of this organization that is located in Canada.
It's really idealistic
It's a really idealistic organization that has some real institutional problems. The people who serve the organization are saints, but as it presently stands the U.N. is largely staffed by the wealth in it's upper echelons and by the poor on its lower rungs.
Appréciable
C'est une très belle expérience. Les demandes sont grandes et l'organisation donne aussi.les.moyens de travailler. Les défis à relever sont nombreux, ce qui rend le travail plus interessany.
Interesting but exhausting
The United Nations is a big International Organization. I personally worked as an intern for the Permanent Mission of Greece to the United Nations so my experience has more to do with diplomatic service rather than the Administration of the UN.
Very professional people and clean workingplace
Ever since my contract with the UN ended, I've been wanting to work there again at any UN agency.

It is very difficult to get a position in such a big international organization.
Pros
Very good retirement!!!
Cons
Hard to get a full-time and permanent position
Fullfiling, dynamic.
Very fulfilling job, with a lot of opportunities for growth. Flat structure where your opinion can be heard and is valued. Respect for diversity. The UN is also an organisation where your contribution is seen in the results of the organisation.
Pros
Perfect for work life balance
Cons
Bureaucratic
n/a
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. The mission and work of the United Nations are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its Policy.
I learn empathy
When I start volunteering at UN, I became aware of problems in the world. My eyes open to places I would never know. Importantly, I learn how I can reduce these problems by mapping. I keep cooperating with UN to help others because It also helps me feels good.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at United Nations?
Organisme international
Organisme international très administratif.
Implication en Haiti.

MINUSTAH
Productive and fun
It was a great experience working with UNDP Nigeria. In terms of gaining more knowledge, experience and salary. I was able to develop my team work skills.
Pros
Free lunch and Good salary
Cons
work Overload
Good and healthy working environment
My daily is to Maintain, organize and prioritize appointments and calendar, including visiting schedules of the Head of Mission. Scrutinize and manage outgoing/incoming correspondences, and expedite distribution and follow-ups. To define, provide and coordinate support to Administrative Assistant and other staffs. Organize and coordinate international and domestic travels. Provide advice and counsel as appropriate to staff on way of improving existing practices. Provide guidance and counsel for staff on Regulations and Administrative procedure. Schedule and organize appointments and meetings with various stakeholders for the Heads of Mission. Actively collaborate with diplomatic corps, UN agencies and other entities involve in the peace process.

I enjoy working with the Institution for its challenges and its positive result on vulnerable population. It gives you the opportunity to travel around the world. It is a place where you meet people from different nationalities. You have numerous benefits. What I do not like is sometime the bused of power of Senior Manager.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
8 hours a day
It is ok
Stressful and hectic. People were nice. A lot of work
Internship
Good opportunities to network within the organisation with many learning opportunities through in-house workshops and presentations. The working atmosphere is supportive while also very ambitious.
Inspiring
I have worked in Zonta Club in United Nations Program. It helps aid women in domestic violence or any abuse. It is a speaking platform to encourage and give strength to females. It also helps tackle with gender discrimination and inequality discussions such as pay.
Pros
Good cause
Cons
Availabilty directly afterschool
Data and Voice management
- Sit behind the screen and Manage the system
- Technology

- Collaboration with Team

- Good Management style

- Civilian and Military Co-worker
Pros
High Leve Exposure to Technology
Cons
Hazard Duty Station
Experience of working with multi national force
A great experience with international environment. It was very rewarding time as far as planning and work ethics were concerned.
Pros
Free accommodation
Cons
Away from home
Very demanding and productive work environment which drove professional growth and development
Great work experience and professional learning environment which drove professional growth and development without stifling employee creativity, etc. Allowed for self management and directed learning, creativity and expression of experience and competences. Tremendous respect for employee input.
Great International Environment
ICAO, as being an UN organization, brings different cultures together to work in a respectful, fun and tolerant environment.
Great organization to be a part of
Constantly changing environment, fast pasted, interesting.
it was a temporare job
It was a great place to work in yet as a start in my career i wanted something stable
Pros
a school to learn in both life and work levels
Cons
high exposure of other miserable cultures
alright
a typical day at work
what you learned

management

your co-workers

the hardest part of the job

the most enjoyable part of the job