UNITED NATIONS UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

国際的な職場における日本的側面
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  東京都渋谷区18 October 2017
上司が能力不足の上に、自分と意見を共有しない研究員や秘書など多くの職員に嫌がらせをしては退職に追い込むという、21世紀の日本とも思えない扱いでした。国内で唯一の国連機関本部である国連大学がこの体たらくでは、日本の国際イメージに悪い影響を与えるばかりか、そもそも日本国民の税金の無駄遣いだと言わざるを得ません。個人的には世界各国からのどうりょうたちとよいかんけいをつくることができたので、無駄な経験ではありませんでしたが。
Kitchen provided
Chief, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur25 September 2016
Good communication and cooperation between colleagues in different departments and different duty stations. Organization did research and many of the staff were from the scientific and medical community
Dynamic work place
Education Expert (Former Employee) –  Bonn, NRW16 May 2016
Minimum 36h/week. Project based work. Good management. Excellent dynamic between colleagues.

I have learned to asess population vulnerabilities with regards to Climate change impact, and the role of education in capacity devopment to ensure community resilience to climate change impact.
This is a friendly work environment where all employees contributions are valued
Program manager assistant - Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Genève, GE8 December 2014
The day begins with employees greeting each other and we start work immediately as everybody knows their responsibility.

I have learned about the importance of team members get to transfer knowledge to each other and work synergetic.

I have made friends with my co-workers who have more experience in their area of work have embraced me.

The hardest part of my job was when I was given the responsibility of managing the creation and designing of the new website.

Socialising through sports with my colleagues and making jokes have been the best highlight.
Pros
Having difficult tasks being delegated to me
Cons
The position is short term.