United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Ltd.

United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Ltd. Employee Reviews

Professional, enjoyable and educational
SAP Security and Business Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alberta25 February 2019
In my time at UFA I've had the privilege and opportunity to grow and develop my skills as a professional. The opportunity for advancement have been many and though the work has never been easy I have learned so many transferable skills that have allowed me to improve my technological, communication and customer service skills.
Working outside
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB23 February 2019
The good part is you get to work outside, the bad part, is you get to work outside. whether the weather is hot or cold, if you're a yard worker you work outside
Pros
It isn't a difficult job
hard work, decent pay
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oyen, AB4 January 2019
the work is hard and the shifts go by fairly fast. your days off are yours and the staff overall are professional and kind. the yard staff however can be crude at times and somewhat unprofessional
Pros
decent pay, good work environment
Cons
cold winters
Overall the Company is great, individual departments need assessment.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2018
Great co-workers, management needs help. Work / life balance is great. Benefits and flex days are fantastic. Pay is lower than expected for the amount of work that is required.
Farm store
CSSR-2 (Former Employee) –  Strathmore Ab4 June 2018
Staff members are great to work with. Building relationships with customers make learning much easier. Management in store - needs improvement at location worked at. Scheduling not consistent, sometimes you don’t know what you are working the following week until late on fridays. Upper management doesn’t understand, and doesn’t care about concerns at store levels. Not enough positive, focus on the negative. Customer service at this particular location is not a concern for the manager, customers don’t even know the manager.
Pros
Benefits, great customers. Working hours. Work/home balance
Cons
Attitude of manager, issues with scheduling, lack of knowledge of employees, managements treatment of employees, lack of proper training, policy and procedures not followed by all employees, upper management lack of understanding. Not enough rewarding of the good, too much focus on the bad
General Ledger Reconciliation and Asset Administration
Financial Analyst, Corporate Accounting (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2018
Strong General Ledger reconciliation skill and maintaining Asset continuity schedule. Review of duplicate maintenance charges and lease payments and disposal of asset.
Great staff and awesome customers come here.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 March 2018
One a typical day I would reorganize shelves and restock shelves. Help customers with all of their agriculture and other store needs. As well as answering the phone for questions about the products we have in the store. Lastly I would clean my section and the store to make sure everything was prime and acceptable.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Short hours
ok place to work
Accounts Receivable, collections, data entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
was an ok place to work. Was always busy. In joyed the 1 personal day a month. Had Free Training Courses and webinars. They Have good benifits with a spending account.
Pros
perminate
Cons
fun hard working staff , bad magament
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  High River, AB12 November 2017
all and all its a good place to work ,great staff , but management is wishy washy, and the senior yard person is a bit loopy and forgetful.
physically hard labor ( which is great ) outdoors in heat and cold,and meeting great customers
Pros
some really great people work there
Cons
managment is really wishy washy, its like a big power struggle between the senior yard sup and the manager, nothing is consistent
ok
leadhand (Former Employee) –  edmonton14 September 2017
ok company to work for. Management for the most part was great. overall i would have to say that it was a positive work experience. Them closing the doors was not cool.
Great Company
Regional Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
While the executive seems to have been a revolving door, the culture and long standing employees are passionate and committed people. A great organization.
Good
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2017
It was a good place to work. Management may not be the best. My coworkers were great. The benefits were good. Offer location was great -off down towns.
High volume,
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2017
It has been 2 years now since the downsizing where many were laid off due to Calgary's economic downturn. I was really disappointed I was laid off. There were lots of great things about working at UFA. I loved the farming and petroleum atmosphere.
Pros
great flex hours, benefits
Friendly atmosphere, great co-workers
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my 10+ years working at UFA Cooperative. I found the managers and co-workers to be very pleasant to work with and I enjoyed the direction the company was taking. The workplace culture was excellent and there were many social activities to engage the workforce and encourage teamwork.
Pros
Great benefits & pension plan; pleasant work environment
Cons
n/a
Solid company. Good work-life balance.
General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2017
UFA is struggling with relevance as the agribusiness world continues to consolidate. UFA remains fiercely independent as a regional player with limited local growth potential at a time when virtually all other regional players have merged or been acquired.
A Cooperative
Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2017
The company under went allot of changes when I was there.
Being a cooperative has allot of different challenges.
the have gotten fid of there defined benefit plan
Job was very busy. Love it and working with the people.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND FREIGHT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 March 2017
This job was very busy and the days went very fast. People very smart. Job was very well organize and deadlines were met every month. This company did a very good to deal with farmers and the public.
Pros
Company very organize
Cons
When machines break down
Productive, organized, fun workplace
Yard Hand (Former Employee) –  Oyen, AB14 November 2016
Walking long distances in the cold weather and lifting heavy iteams.How to better organizes and how to operate a forklift.Managment is great the employer is fun and upbeat. Coworkers are very helpful when needed. The heavy lifting and the long walking distance. Always getting to be outside and interact with people.
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Walking distance
Farm Srore
Cashier/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  AB25 October 2016
I was hired during a staff shortage two weeks before inventory. The culture changed while I was progressing thru the initial goals set out during the employment agreement.
pro active company
operations employee/ sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton alberta7 October 2016
A typical day at UFA- wholesale sports would include Cleaning the exterior of the building of pigeon deposits, then garbage removal. Once finished there would be constant re-arrangement of the store daily and as well as assisting customers with new merchandising and products.
Pros
pancakes on fridays/ flexible hours
Cons
removal of bird deposits, un organized hour distribution

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Ltd. Reviews by Location