United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Ltd.

United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada52 reviews
When I started at this business I was to complete my training on the computer before I could be on the floor once on the floor I was thrown in head first to the computer training and was trained by a girl that had also just started making the process frustrating. the program that they had was hard to understand and frustrating to navigate if you didn't know all the key words/ codes. Although working at the counter was frustrating I did enjoy working on the store floor stocking shelves and working with the merchandise placement
Good Company and a fun place to work. Supervision is limited so as long as you get the job done and are safe you are left alone for the most part. the customers tell funny stories
Willing to work with family needs and wants. Willing to train from the bottoms up.
Very diverse employment backgrounds in all aspects and parts throughout the company.
United Farmers of Alberta is a great place to work, as people are able to cross train within the organisation. Being at UFA for over 10 years made some of my co workers feel like part of my family. I worked in Accounts Receivable / Finance Department and crossed trained in Accounts Payable, Records Management and Customer Service. 7.75 hrs in a day could seem like just a minute as working alongside my co workers as we all found ways to cheer one another on - to bring satisfaction to UFA's customers' which is one of UFA's main rules, happy customer happy CEO.
They are headed in the right direction. Good work/life balance. Busy and slow periods due to the nature of the Industry. Great people. Great work environment.
Working at the distribution center was fast paced and the yard WAS in very poor condition had to work driving in huge potholes and sometimes the forklift would get stuck. The supervisors were not people orientated but work orientated, and at times you feel as though you were being mentally harassed. Very high turnover for employees.
Terrible supervisor. Worked in supply chain, procurement specifically. Our supervisor was the ultimate micro manager who showed little to no flexibility in taking into account the needs of his team. Saw this person do many questionable things. Would not work here ever. AVOID.
Pros
Cons
many
Lack of engagement from senior leadership. Benefits package and days off are good however the workload does not allow for full use of the benefits so the work life balance is not great. Helpful co workers and team members but with such a lack of leadership it is extremely hard to be efficient and keep progress.
Liked working there . As with all med - large companies nowadays, they have become more business only centric. Not many team building events happen anmyore.
UFA was a fun place to work with cooperative and encouraging co-workers. It taught me customer service skills as well as the ability to work hard and be productive.
Head office incompetent supervisors who sit in warm offices in calgary while they bully around field workers. Under old managers it was a great company to work but the new manager and her buddy supervisor are just clueless.
good company to work for. good management. learnt lots through my time working for this company. good employees. only down fall not much room for growth within company.
-Worked in the warehouse, it is a dusty environment
-Management never says you're doing a good job

-Opportunities to advance to use various warehousing equipments
In my time at UFA I've had the privilege and opportunity to grow and develop my skills as a professional. The opportunity for advancement have been many and though the work has never been easy I have learned so many transferable skills that have allowed me to improve my technological, communication and customer service skills.
The good part is you get to work outside, the bad part, is you get to work outside. whether the weather is hot or cold, if you're a yard worker you work outside
Pros
It isn't a difficult job
Cons
the work is hard and the shifts go by fairly fast. your days off are yours and the staff overall are professional and kind. the yard staff however can be crude at times and somewhat unprofessional
Pros
decent pay, good work environment
Cons
cold winters
Great co-workers, management needs help. Work / life balance is great. Benefits and flex days are fantastic. Pay is lower than expected for the amount of work that is required.
Staff members are great to work with. Building relationships with customers make learning much easier. Management in store - needs improvement at location worked at. Scheduling not consistent, sometimes you don’t know what you are working the following week until late on fridays. Upper management doesn’t understand, and doesn’t care about concerns at store levels. Not enough positive, focus on the negative. Customer service at this particular location is not a concern for the manager, customers don’t even know the manager.
Pros
Benefits, great customers. Working hours. Work/home balance
Cons
Attitude of manager, issues with scheduling, lack of knowledge of employees, managements treatment of employees, lack of proper training, policy and procedures not followed by all employees, upper management lack of understanding. Not enough rewarding of the good, too much focus on the bad
Strong General Ledger reconciliation skill and maintaining Asset continuity schedule. Review of duplicate maintenance charges and lease payments and disposal of asset.
One a typical day I would reorganize shelves and restock shelves. Help customers with all of their agriculture and other store needs. As well as answering the phone for questions about the products we have in the store. Lastly I would clean my section and the store to make sure everything was prime and acceptable.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Short hours
was an ok place to work. Was always busy. In joyed the 1 personal day a month. Had Free Training Courses and webinars. They Have good benifits with a spending account.
Pros
perminate
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Ltd. Reviews by Location