United Cycle
United Cycle Employee Review

productive fast paced worplace

5 August 2015
the job was good, the training provided was great, the company was growing and i felt that we had very quality people working in management. the environment was very clean and professional. its a family run business which changed the atmosphere and i liked that.

i was a cashier primarily and filled in on floor sales and shipping and receiving when they needed extra workers.

the hardest part was dealing with people dynamics - we had over 200 employees and with large staff teams comes the inevitable tension between some.

also, my schedule was never consistent and this was frustrating for me
10 September 2020
Parts Person (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
I was laid off given the covid-19 situation, though do hope there is opportunity to go back at some point!! One of the best employers I have had, a very supportive (bicycle) team, and very accommodating. I was a part-time employee - my manager was always flexible with my schedule, life events, and everyone at work was always happy to be there. I took pride in wearing the United Sport shirt, and truly believe everyone did and does. This contributes to a rewarding experience for the customers i believe as well as a great standard of living for the staff!
Pros
Employee discount and flexible work schedule (give/take)
Cons
Honestly none.
5 January 2020
Same location
Community Relations Manager (Former Employee) - 7620 Gateway Blvd, Edmonton, Alberta
They are a very community-minded company. I was responsible for the areas of Donations and Fundraising, Sponsorship, Autographed Memorabilia and Community Initiatives.
Pros
Enjoyable position for a sports-minded individual
Cons
At times, long hours.
6 September 2019
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Some of the managers in my department were great but it was a revolving door. If you are not part of the family there is no job guarantee or advancement. Work life balance was there when I started but not at the end.